Your Definitive Guide to EGO’s 21” Dual Port Self-Propelled Mower

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hello EGO Community! We’d like to take this opportunity to clear the air regarding our new Dual Battery Mower. Since there has been a great deal of interest and a bit of confusion surrounding this mower, let’s jump into the facts straightaway.

-This mower’s motor is brushless.
-This mower is rated at 1200W.
-This mower’s PeakPowerTM technology delivers more torque, longer run times, and a more efficient power draw.
-This is the most powerful brushless motor in the entire EGO Power+ mower lineup.

You’ll want to note that all of these statements have been confirmed by our engineering team. Also, the Steel Deck Self-Propelled Mower is rated at 1000W. Our apologies for any misunderstanding. 

Thank you for your involvement in the EGO community and please, keep up the great conversation!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,712 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

I hope Ken read your post.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 4,048 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the follow-up of details. Good info to know and a good post to point people to!
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 804 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you!
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 804 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I plan on switching over to the mower and will post some information in a few weeks.  
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,140 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You won't be sorry.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,082 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the clarification. I have one on order and look forward to putting it to good use. Hopefully, it's the best performing Ego mower yet. I'll let you know how it does soon.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 65,020 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Looking forward to your review Steve.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 65,020 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Steve - how is it working for you ?
Photo of Matt R

Matt R

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I saw a review that suggested the self propelled systems was somehow upgraded is there any truth to that? I have seen common complaints about previous modes being too slow or fast with a lack of adjustability in between.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 58,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/is-the-brushless-self-propelled-system-smoother-than-t...

The SP system works fine.  Those that had a problem with it not functioning properly were in need of a repair.  This site reflects a higher proportion of problems due to the fact that many people come here looking for a solution to a problem.  Overall Ego mowers are highly rated for performance and reliability.

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 60 Points
Would you guys come out with a dual ports with steel deck any time soon ?? I am just in a market for a new mower and I really want those 2 with 2 7.5 amp batteries 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Came across this quick little review of the LM2142SP dual battery mower

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bln7r1cFzGs/?hl=en&taken-by=toolsbydesign

toolsbydesign Soaking wet grass/weeds, ~75% discharged batteries, deck height all the way down at 2" cut height, and full speed self propelled - the new 56v dual battery brushless mower barely flexes.

Power beyond belief is the EGO Power+ slogan and it sure is holding true with their latest brushless self propelled mower.

This might just be the most powerful cordless mower currently available.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Wow!  What a powerhouse!