Would using di electric grease on the contacts void the ego warranty?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
No matter what I do it seems I always get some kind of moisture in the battery bay of the snow blower...even with the lid closed. I would like to put some di electric grease on the contacts to prevent rust moisture and or connectivity issues between the battery and the apparatus. Any idea if gooping on the stuff will void warranty?
Photo of Deleted

Deleted

• 4,108 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,598 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Seems like another design change idea, maybe a latching battery door with rubber seal.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I doubt it would void the warranty, but I'd be tempted to see if it's a valid concern first. If you start seeing corrosion on the terminals then go for it. If not I'd leave it alone.
Photo of Deleted

Deleted

Would it be worth trying for people whose blowers are having starting issues? Maybe the pixies are having issues crossing the bridge lol
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The terminals areally all gold plated as far as I can see. There are a few connectors in shrink tubing. Can't see them as all I will do at this point is Non Destructive testing and inspection.
Photo of Deleted

Deleted

I wonder if it's real gold plating or Radioshack "gold" lmao
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've seen alot of connectors in my life. (Pretty exciting life huh. I'm a sad, sad little man) These impressed me.