Would like to know the sound levels for LM 2002-p mower in decibels

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
I cannot find any sound level data for EGO LM2002-p. Is there any data for this?
Photo of Michael Pescatore

Michael Pescatore

• 70 Points

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

I don't think Ego has published any sound level readings, however, here are some results I measured on a 20" Gen 1 mower, both with the standard blade and the high-lift blade (HL).  Both are in the 88 - 92 dBA range.  More details and some videos in this thread:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/technical-review-ab2101-high-lift-blade-on-20-mower-mo...

(Edited)
Photo of giggleherz .

giggleherz .

• 1,918 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My brand new twenty one inch self propelled mower is so quiet that one day I came upon a small bird feeding in the grass. I was amazed that he waited until I was five feet away before flying away. Its safe to say they sound more like an electric razor then then noisy gas motor.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 59,724 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah it is great how you can talk to people while mowing the grass.  You have to raise your voice a bit as they are not silent, but certainly no screaming like would be needed with a gas mower.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 65,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We have confirmed with our team that the LM2000 is rated at 86dB. 
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The Noise Rating in LpA and LwA are listed on the UK site.  That would be something useful to list on the US site as well.  The sound levels are also in the manual under the section: "EC DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY" but the US manuals are not required to have that information, so it's omitted, but again good information that should be included.  Especially when one of the selling points of Electric over Gas is the reduced sound level. 
Photo of giggleherz .

giggleherz .

• 1,918 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Two things about the sound, firstly any electrical motor is very quiet and the only thing you are hearing from the lawn mower is the sound of the blade hitting the air. The cut itself reminds me of shaving my face it has this fine nipping noise. Secondly I have a bird feeder near ground level and was shocked that I was able to cut the grass with this mower within about five feet of a feeding bird.