Would like to give Theresa from customer service a 5 star review for helping me with my warrenty claim.Thanks Theresa,awesome job!!!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My 575CFM blower stopped working and smoked from motor area.Theresa is sending me a new blower and wants the tecks to check out what caused the problem with my current one which i am sending back prepaid.Its 7 months old.Just make sure when you call for a warranty claim,you buy from an authorized dealer and keep all receipts from the sale.It makes a replacement so much easier.Dont use it when snowing if possible.Could short out.Mine stopped working on nice day. Thanks again Theresa!!!
Photo of Bernie Gobel

Bernie Gobel

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Happy!!!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Bernie! We cannot thank you enough for giving us an opportunity to make this right. We really appreciate you following-up here, too. We'll let Theresa know the good news today. :-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Son of a b****, the same thing happened to me a while back.  See if where there are five small wires of different colors the little brown one is completely charred.  Then you know that exactly the same thing happened to that blower as what happened to one of mine.  Based on the sound that mine made before it quit and the sound that it makes if the battery gets low enough mid-run, it might be a problem with the power cut-off system, which I just recently discovered.
Photo of Bernie Gobel

Bernie Gobel

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello,I didn't take it apart because it is under warranty.Battery was charged,was running fine and just stopped and was smoking a bit,it was a nice day in the 40s,just doing yard work.Im shipping the unit back so their engineers can figure it out.Thanks
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I just took mine apart because once they send a replacement, they suggest to bring the old one to the electronics trash, so in my mind, it would be a waste not to hold on to it, maybe try to get it working.  I tried replacing the ruined wire, and nothing happened, and even if it did, the jury rigging that I set up wouldn't have held for long.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.