Won't Start

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I have a EGO Snow blower. This is the second winter I have had it. It works great, except the last time, during clearing my driveway, the snowblower stopped working. I have brought the snowblower inside, recharged the batteries , and it still won't start. How do I get this fixed?
Photo of John Spaniol

John Spaniol

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 171,568 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi John, your first call should be to Ego Customer Service. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and get you the help you need.

1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of W. Bruce Cooper

W. Bruce Cooper

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Customer Service will help.  The first snowblower I bought did not work out of the box.  EGO had me return it to Home Depot and I re-ordered.  The second snowblower, similar to your experience, stopped working in the second winter of use during a snow storm.  EGO sent me a replacement under the 5 year warranty, and, so far so good with this one.  I do have this fear, however, that this one might stop working all of a sudden.  Besides these bad experiences, nevertheless, I do love my EGO tools (lawn mower, backpack blower, chain saw, snow blower).  I am hopeful that whatever defect is causing problems with the snow blower will be eliminated.  EGO employees, comments on the root cause?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 41,010 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Bruce, as this is a peer to peer forum EGO employees don't post or comment here. And, from what I've seen, they haven't commented ever on root cause. Those of us who are Champions aren't employees in case that is what you were thinking.
Anyway, hopefully the third time will be the charm with your snowblower. Thanks for the good CS report too.
Photo of W. Bruce Cooper

W. Bruce Cooper

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the clarification Oregon Mike.  I was unclear on the "champion" designation.  
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 4,588 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Over a year's time, one can easily forget exactly the process to start. I had the same scenario on a lawn mower until I reviewed the Quick Start chart. Ensure battery is fully engaged, green button depressed before pressing green activate lever. Also ensure the handle is unfolded up and green clamps locked down. If all this has been done, try the batteries on another tool, if you have others to test batteries. Customer Service is always good to check with to diagnose issues.
Photo of John Spaniol

John Spaniol

I was using the snowblower on the driveway when it quit. I have an EGO lawn mower. I checked the batteries in the lawnmower, both batteries are working. I folded down the handles. Extended the handles fully. Locked the green claps down. Loosened the clamps. Nothing seems to work.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 4,588 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Home Depot will take care of you.
Photo of John Spaniol

John Spaniol

I called Home Depot. They told me l needed to contact EGO because it is still under warranty.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 56,112 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Customer service will probably send you back to Home Depot to handle the warranty but I believe Ego has to initiate the process since they can confirm the snow blower is under warranty.
Photo of Cory Haws

Cory Haws

• 62 Points
I am having the same problem. I tried calling Customer Service and got a message saying it was not available due to technical difficulties. 
This is frustrating.