Will the battery that came with my trimmer also work on a lawnmower should I purchase one ?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Are batteries interchangeable?

Photo of Bruce

Bruce

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • happy

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The 2Ah battery will work in the lawn mower, but only for about 20 minutes of run time.  I am also not sure it is possible to get the lawn mower without the 4Ah battery and charger at the moment.  If you have a lot to mow, you may appreciate having the 2Ah battery as a backup to use while you are recharging the 4Ah one (not that taking a 30-minute break is a bad idea either!)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Eric is right on the run time, availability of the mower and additional advantage of having that extra battery as a backup.  You cannot get the mower without a battery and charger included.  It's the only tool we don't offer as a "bare tool" at this time.
Photo of Ken Bolinsky

Ken Bolinsky

• 60 Points
What about the other way 'round - does the 4Ah battery fit in the other equipment?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, it will.  All EGO Power+ batteries are interchangeable in all of the EGO Power+ tools. 
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes; the downside for handheld tools is that the 4Ah battery is almost twice the weight (as well as being priced significantly higher).  But if you're strong and you already have one because of a mower purchase, power away!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.