Will you have a pole saw?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Photo of JimA

JimA

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your question Jim.  We have changed this to an idea to keep track of it for the future.  No pole saw yet but we will keep you updated right here if it goes into production.  Thanks for your idea!
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
If you guys make a Poe Saw, I'll get one!  I've been looking at the Oregon Model, but would much rather get a Pole Saw that works with my EGO Batteries.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I second this request for a pole saw.  The competition has one, only 18V :{

Official Response
We appreciate all of your interest in new EGO products! Please understand that it takes time to design, engineer and test products to our exacting Power+ standards before we are ready to release them. Check here for announcements--you’ll be the first to know! 
Photo of 4Kingdoms

4Kingdoms

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Glad I found this post on the pole saw!  I will wait for the Ego Power+ Pole Saw and continue using my loppers to trim the tree branches.
(Edited)
Photo of Roger Bourassa

Roger Bourassa

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I, too, will wait for the
EGo polesaw to develop.
Happy to be a beta tester ;-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,628 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I purchased the Greenworx model and it works quite well.  It is not of the quality that you would get with EGO, but I had to get one.  I'm still waiting on an edger!  My wallet is starting to burn.
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would also purchase a pole saw if EGO puts one on the market...I understand it takes time to design, produce and bring a new product to market (and it is very apparent that EGO put a lot of thought into their product line) but just want the "powers that be" to know that there is a market forming for one!  I also like the fact that it would work with my EGO batteries but beyond that EGO has anything I have seen on the market beat by a landslide in design and build quality!
Photo of SLG

SLG

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Please also include a pole hedge trimmer
Photo of Tim

Tim

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Future Products.

Please let me know what products are in development for the future. I purchased the lawn mower and hedge trimmer. I'd like to buy a pole saw, is that in development?
Photo of Bob Fasulka

Bob Fasulka

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EGO Pole Saw: a natural extension of EGO Technology.

Looks like EGO does not make a pole saw for trimming tree branches. I think this would be a natural for EGO's battery powered technology. It could be telescoping with the battery in the lower hand held base and the chain saw portion up top. The pole should extend up to 12 ft and the chain saw be capable of cutting branches up to 4 in diameters.
Photo of Phillip Fonville

Phillip Fonville

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is EGO planning to make a Pole Saw to go with their line of products?.
Photo of David Holt

David Holt

• 1,200 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Id buy one at some point as well. Meanwhile, I have a 40V Ryobi. It is KILLER...so eGo needs to come out with a really good product.
Photo of Kerry

Kerry

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I currently have the 16" Ego chainsaw...(2) of the 15" Ego String Trimmers ...and one of the 530 CFM Ego blowers. I will buy an EGO  polesaw when it is offered. It would be a natural expansion of the Chainsaw line and a very well received and much needed product.
Photo of brinox

brinox

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have a lot of EGO products, and if they would have offered a pole saw last fall, I would have already bought it.  However, I opted to buy a Black & Decker Matrix drill system, and the battery can be used in some of B&D's smaller-powered lawn tools, including a 14 foot pole saw.  I'm very happy with it, and like the battery interchangeability much like EGO does with their tools.

Looking forward to that uber snowblower that's been teased a couple times here ;-)
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I too would love a pole saw from EGO. I think a cool feature would be to have a backpack that you can plug one or two batteries, that you could plug into any ego product making them lighter in your hands and giving you more battery power. Also it would have a place to clip on tools like the chainsaw and pole saw for when you are climbing a ladder. And if you really want to make it snazzy make it so you can leave the batteries in the backpack to charge it. Meaning the backpack is also a charger. Just a thought I had while trimming trees after the tropical storm in Florida today.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Snow blower and a pole saw for sure. One reason I went with Ego was the promise and the prototype I saw of the snow blower. However, I would also grab a pole saw in a second. My manual pole saw is basically an exacto knife duct taped to a hockey stick, which is fine for any branch you can face (as long as it's under 1/16"). 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That pole "saw" sounds like quite the weapon... not that you need it, but hopefully Ego can help you out! :-)
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

True. I bought my current pole saw before there were power pole saws. To say it needs upgrading is an understatement.
Photo of Edward Prado

Edward Prado

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm saving my dollars till Ego comes out with a pole saw.  I'm pleased with my Weed wacker and blower (that was replaced under warranty in a timely fashion.)  Please consider bringing one to market.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

This one is 40 volts. Retrofit the ego battery (extra 16 volts for higher chain speed) LOL and you have one. It is green too!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AW72WR0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&...

Photo of keenanj

keenanj

I like the $80 bare bones on that. If Ego could do that, that'd be great
Photo of Bob Fasulka

Bob Fasulka

Does the GreenWorks pole saw actually accept the EGO battery?  if so, that would be a good combination and alternative.  One drawback is that the GreenWorks  pole saw is only 8 feet in length.  I think it needs to be 12 feet.  Low price without battery and charger though.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

No. I was kidding but someone might try hard wiring it. :)
Photo of Bob Fasulka

Bob Fasulka

Dang!  Oh well, I'll keep looking. :-)
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

I am in need of one for this fall. Might have to go to the dark side. :)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Exrace, I am still waiting for your "colorful catalog" with all your inventions for EGO accessories ... LOL!
Photo of SueLW

SueLW

• 502 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ego definitely should make a 2-in-1 pole saw. I need to get one and would like to stick with cordless and keep it in the EGO family since I already have 3 EGO products.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spellman

Tim Spellman

• 60 Points
I could use an Ego poles saw!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They are releasing one this spring. It's posted here somewhere. Its a multi tool. Going to be super sweet.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Len Rak

Len Rak

• 60 Points
I don't want a Greenworks or Ryobi.  I don't really shop at Home Depot.  I just want/need an EGO pole saw.  I would invest further in an EGO product line.  I really like my blower & weed wacker.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep. Within a few weeks it will come out. Definately before may.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

Oh...pole saw!

Official Response
We are pleased to announce that the EGO Power Head System (multi-tool) is now live and for sale. Here is a link to see everything that's available so far: https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-head
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

• 1,814 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Is this available in Canada? if not when can we expect it?
Thank You

This will be available in Canada but I don't have the date yet.  We'll keep you posted.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Wooohooo! :-)
Photo of Kerry

Kerry

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You are over a year too late to market. I bought a competitor's pole saw last year that works very well. I already have an EGO trimmer and would not buy another duplicate system that is not compatible with the EGO product I already have. Bad marketing decision from my perspective.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

I waited. I read the boards, saw (no pun intended) that the pole saw was in the planning stages and let my trees grow. In 1 week, I'll have it AND an edger. I am so psyched. I can't wait. Yesterday, I took out the mower. And while I can't say I'm psyched to be mowing, there was no prep. Instead of gas mixing and oil changes and a new spark plug, I just threw in a battery from the snowblower and started mowing. NICE. Thanks for getting this to market-I know the frustration (I have a first generation blower and a non-steel deck mower) of seeing new stuff come out and having buyers remorse, but I'm just psyched that there are options. I could complain that I had to wait, or be psyched that there is a product at all.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Darn it Ego, you missed one! Only 400 million or so left... better get cracking! :-)
Photo of Don

Don

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Pole trimmer option?.

Is there a pole trimmer option either available or coming out soon? I have an eGo battery and charger, so I would be much happier not having to buy another company's cordless pole trimmer.
Photo of Calvin Fluitt

Calvin Fluitt

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EGO 10 in. Pole Saw Attachment for EGO Power Head System Model# PSA1000.

I have a EGO
ST1500-S 15 in. 56V Lithium-Ion String Trimmer
and I would like to know if I can use it to power the Pole Saw attachment?
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Calvin, all the new "multi-tool" attachments require a new Power Head, in order for them to work. Unfortunately, your current ST1500 would not work with these attachments.  I too own a 15" trimmer (Generation 1) and would have to upgrade my Power Head, to take advantage of these new attachments.  That said; they are now available for purchasing on both Home Depot (power head & attachments) and Amazon (attachments only).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-POWER-Power-Head-Battery-and-Charger-not-included-PH1400/301276678

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.