Will Home Depot accept an Ego lawn mower as a return if it's been used several times (and it's within the 90 day return period)?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Photo of John

John

• 2,056 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
They should. Excludes gas-powered equipment but not Ego.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep, they sure will.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Isn't it working for you? Just curious
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sounds like a cautious buyer, maybe?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I see. I see....
Photo of John

John

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Only if you bought it at Home Depot
Photo of John

John

I actually like the 21 inch self-propelled plastic deck mower. But before I purchased it I called EGO customer support and asked for all the differences between that model and the new steel deck model. I was told that the only differences were in the size of the deck (21 inches vs. 20 inches), the material of the decks (plastic vs. steel), the weight of the mower (I was told the steel deck mower weighs more than the plastic), and the position of some of the controls on the handle. Nothing was said of how the steel deck mower has a brushless mower and the plastic deck deck has a brushed mower. On the basis of what the EGO customer service representative, I purchased the plastic deck. However, if I had know that the two models had different motors, with the steel deck mower having a brushless mower, I would have bought that model instead. So that's the main reason why I'm considering a return. I'm also not totally satisfied with the mulching capacity of the 21 inch model and its lift. I'm hoping both are improved on the steel deck model. Based on what Steve Valdes has written, it seems that the new steel deck may in fact be improved in those two areas over the older 21 inch plastic deck mowers.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
In either case, you're going to want a high-lift blade if you can find one.  Mower Magic does sell them, but the shipping fee for international shipping is a pain.
Photo of John

John

I'm definitely considering the high-lift blade, but I like to cut grass at a tall height because I've read that it helps to reduce the need for watering, reduces weeds, and makes the grass healthier. Right now I'm cutting at 4 inches, but I'm seeing a lot of matted grass, so I'm going to cut it at 3.5 inches or 3 inches to see if that helps the matting problem. I don't want to cut any lower than 3 inches, though. And I've read in this forum how people think the high lift blade may not help so much at cutting heights 3-4 inches, so I'm not sure that blade is going to help me. I may just have to live with some matted-down grass.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I believe the increase in lift will be the same percentage wise at all heights, just that cutting at lower heights gives more lift overall. The only way to know for sure would be to try it. :-)
Photo of debra sehon

debra sehon

• 70 Points
Why does the hl blade continue spinning after the motor is off
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My first thought if the blade is still spinning after the motor is off is that the nut holding it on is loose.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 5,682 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Clean it up very good. Hopefully, you kept the original shipping box and be sure to pack everything nice a neat.  I don't see the problem.  I originally bought my dual battery lawn mower from Home Depot and it arrived with the bottom of the shipping container opened.  It looked like the box was retaped. When I finally took everything out of the box, I realized they sent me a lawn mower that was a returned item.  It still had small grass blades on the wheels.  I called Home Depot and they apologized and shipped out another lawn mower and gave me a $100 credit.  The moral of this story is that Home Depot, obviously, doesn't check their return purchases very good or they don't care.  Good Luck!
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 1,024 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
They will take it back. I just returned my 20” steel deck for the dual battery 21” model.