Will ego make a 2 stage snow blower for winter 2018-2019

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
I am about to buy a self propelled lawn mower. I am 50/50 on either a honda or the ego. They are both about $750 so price is not a deciding factor. I really want to replace my gas 2 stage snow blower with a battery operated one. Is there any updates or info on ego making a 2 stage? 

I'm leaning towards the 8024 snow joe and the the honda because I refuse to have 2 large items that require different batteries. It's never a problem starting a mower in the summer but winter start on a snow blower can suck.  

Thanks
Photo of B_BODY_1

B_BODY_1

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 2,620 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
For a season, I had the Snow Joe ION24SB  (the previous version to the 8024).  When the snow blower worked, it worked great. I didn't even mind having to purchase a second set of batteries so I could complete my driveway. A lot of instant torque on the impeller for such a tiny two-stage. However, the first Snow Joe arrived damaged (poor packing) and the next two I was sent died on me after using each one no more than two times. It's a common complaint for the auger motor to just stop working on both the old and new model and never start again. I give credit for Snow Joe being the first to put out a two-stage and their customer service was phenomenal...but I wouldn't recommend their two-stage. Besides the bad auger motor, the snow blower propelled forward too slowly for my taste. When snow conditions are right, that's the advantage of the single-stage EGO...you can clear your driveway  pretty quickly.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I got rid of my 25 year old gas snow blower this spring to force a purchase decision this year. If EGO doesn't come out with a better snow blower (a single stage self-propelled  would even be fine), I'll either have to go gas or hire someone to do the snow removal for me. It's a good sign when we want EGO to build more tools so we can buy more tools.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 8,208 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I’ve asked for the same a few times, a dual stage. The single stage EGO has its uses, and on a sloped driveway and wet snows it is starting to wear my back out. I’m going to keep it since it cost so much.

Who knows if EGO is working on something for next year. They seem to release variations of their other tools after around 2 seasons or so it seems.

I’m going to wait until next fall/start of winter before I decided to get a gas unit and hope EGO comes out with something self propelled and 2 stage or “inline 2 stage” like the gas toro I’ve been looking at.
Photo of Erik

Erik

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 2 stage snowblower.

So I see EGO has a couple different options for trimmers, blowers, and mowers. What about adding a big brother to the snow blower and making a compact 2 stage with maybe the capacity to hold 2-4 batteries?

I've seen people on EGO facebook asking for one and I know I'd be in line for one!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,376 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You will be jealous this winter when you see my 33" 6 battery 2 stage blower I am working on next moowwahahahha. Actually probably one of the easiest things to make. Hint hint ego
Photo of Erik

Erik

Can’t wait to see. If there’s no new release next winter I’m going to have to go gas, but still use the ego for lighter/less snowfalls.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 59,448 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Jacob you are unbelievable
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,376 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lol

I have the parts for it. Using my mower drive system.
Photo of Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Anxious to see what you come up with!
Photo of B_BODY_1

B_BODY_1

I'm going to wait about 2 weeks to see what deals are out there for Memorial day. I'll be buying the honda if I don't hear anything from ego by then. I may just get a 4 wheeler or utv with a plow instead. 

So hopefully they chime in with a 2 stage and I'll buy all ego.  
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 55,474 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, I highly doubt a snow blower will be announced at this time. Maybe Labor Day at the other end of summer if you are looking for a holiday tie in.
Photo of dhau001

dhau001

• 1,908 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm really hoping Ego makes a 2 stage blower.  I'm willing to toss 1K or more at it.  This money can be had by ego if they just make one, otherwise, I'll be forced to go gas and that would be shame. 
Photo of dhau001

dhau001

Good stuff. Thanks. The ego snow blower is bad ass.
Photo of dhau001

dhau001

You were struggling pretty bad in the first video. Must be really nasty stuff. You were pushing hard. A self propelled two stage would had helped a lot.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 60,750 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It was like pushing a blower through peanut butter. Sticky nasty peanut butter.
Photo of B_BODY_1

B_BODY_1

"cough cough"

I hope they can at least give us a heads up on if they are looking into the idea. Even if it's 2 seasons away. I'm sure the demand is huge, well past what a few people on here are asking for. 
Photo of sophision

sophision

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Adding another voice to the mix. Please make a more powerful snow blower!
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 2,620 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I'd like to bump up this thread again in hopes we hear from an EGO rep whether we'll see a new self-propelled snow blower, whether that be a two-stage or an in-line two-stage? Living in South Dakota, winter comes sooner than later and if I don't hear from EGO soon, I'm likely shopping for a gas powered snow blower this Fall.
(Edited)
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,150 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have their snow blower and live in upstate New York where we get the lake effect from Lake Ontario.  I contacted EGO last week regarding if they are planning to sell a two stage snow blower because Snow Joe already has a two stage, self-propelled snow blower.  Their rep kind of hinted that they might be in the future.  Let's hope they do.  Ego has the superior batteries.  It would help with the wet snow.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 65,262 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No updates at this point, Bryan. We will definitely post when/if things change. 
Photo of Erik

Erik

I’m waiting until fall, and if I don’t hear anything I’m going to pick up a gas also even though I already have the ego. I just need something with more power/self propell.

I really hope we hear something considering how many different variations of trimmers/blowers they have.
Photo of B_BODY_1

B_BODY_1

I would accept and wait if we heard something like this..... 
Ego is working on a 2 stage that will be ready by fall 2018 but we are hoping to have it ready a year early for this winter.... 

I think at this point its going to be next winter. At this stage they would have to be past the testing and on to the supply and demand area in manufacturing. If they were this far they would have released info by now. Stores are getting rid of there summer products already. 

We have a couple of weeks, after that I'd say its not going to happen this year. 
Photo of James Walsh

James Walsh

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would love to see this as well.  I have the single stage ego and a 2 stage gas powered that I am dying to get rid off...just need ego to make the 2 stage as I am not going to buy another brand/battery.  My driveway is too steep to manage without it being self propelled.  
Photo of Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Even if I knew Ego was working on a 2 stage snow blower for winter 2019/2020, I could wait.  Love my Ego products.
Photo of Jaharmi

Jaharmi

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
There was a one-day sale on the current snow blower at Home Depot recently, so I jumped on that. It would now be _perfect_ if a new two-stage unit came out this season, since I was waiting for either a sale _or_ an upgrade.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,416 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Git on it ego
(Edited)