Will EGO come out with a stand alone edger?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: A stand alone lawn edger

Will EGO come out with a stand alone edger? I already have a mower, snow blower, trimmer & blower and don't want the component system. Please EGO, support your customers.
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Highly unlikely. The purpose of the multi tool is to add lots of stuff in one unit. Not many brands offer a stand alone edger these days. But I could be wrong. I don't know things.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 74,834 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd be fine with a wheel accessory for the string trimmer so it would make using the trimmer a bit easier as an edger. But, I'd buy a stand alone edger if one became available. 
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,338 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We do not currently have plans for this, Ron. However, this is definitely a suggestion that has been communicated with the team. 
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EGO Lawn edger.

Does EGO plan to make a lawn edger or a string trimmer/edger?  I already have a mower, blower & snowblower and love their stuff.  I want to get a trimmer, but my current trimmer is a combo trimmer/edger and would hate to lose the edger option.  I am not interested in the new power head system - not too impressed with the value.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So you are asking if Ego will make a trimmer/edger different from the one already offered, which is the PH1400/STA1500/EA0800 (power head system) or the ST1500 (trimmer only)?  But since you've already stated you're not impressed with the value of the PH1400 combo, then it appears you have already ruled out that option.  Therefore, the answer to your question appears to be that Ego will not have a tool that satisfies your value requirement.

However, the PH1400 combo is a very well built tool; and if Ego ever introduces an adapter which allows customers to use "universal trimmer attachments" on the PH1400, that would definitely add value; especially to someone who has invested in universal attachments and can then buy the PH1400 tool only and continue to use their attachments.

Here's a thread with a PROTOTYPE adapter:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/technical-review-ph1400-multi-tool-spline-drive-non-co...
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

The link you supplied doesn't work.  I did go ahead and buy the EGO trimmer and am happy with it, but it does not do edging.  Since EGO already makes an edger as part of their combo system, how hard would it be to just add a dedicated handle and sell a stand alone edger?  That would suit me fine and I would definitely purchase that.  I am making do with an old string edger for now that doesn't work real well in the hopes that EGO will change their mind and add an edger to their lineup.  Based on other comments I have seen there certainly seems to be a lot of interest in a stand alone edger from EGO.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.