Will EGO be making a standalone Mulcher w/bag?

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)

No one seems to be able to make a good standalone mulcher
that works great.  I have most of the EGO tools except the chain saw and snow blower but love them all.

Your blower is fantastic but now I need to have a really well designed mulcher w/bag to use to clean up my yard work (leaves, twigs, etc.). This would be a really good addition to your EGO lineup in my opinon since people really don't want to haul around electrical extension cables around the yard and mess with gas operated equipment.

Anyway I was just wondering if you folks were thinking of tackling a project like this.
I am hopeful.

Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Optimistic

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Randy, are you talking about something like this?

Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

No, I am more interested in a sister companion to the EGO Blower.  Same style like the EGO blower just with the ability to suck up leafs and twigs then puts them in a bag with no choke points.  Plus it will use the same style EGO batteries.  A powerful motor and metal impeller would be a must.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,978 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Gotcha. Yes, a blower with vacuum function has been requested here for a long time now.
Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

No, what most of us want is a good standalone mulching unit with a bag.  EGO already has a great blower.  You can trust me on this one aspect and that is most manufactures are not producing very good mulchers and a lot of people are not happy.

Most people who buy EGO units know that they are paying good money for Quality, Convenience, and saving time on their tasks.  

If you are to produce a good mulcher then these are a must:
1)  Powerful Motor
2)  Powerful suction
3)  Little or no choke points from chute to bag
4)  As an afterthought if the first 3 are met then make as light weight as possible but quality needs to be maintained.

There are a lot of people like me who will be willing to pay good money like your other EGO tools to have a convenient battery portable mulcher w/bag to get work done quick and easy.

So just don't consider it "do something about it".  After all that is how you make money - fill in the void that other manufactures are bungling up so badly.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Are you referring to something like this?
Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

Yes, but EGO style
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Ah, ok, that's where my confusion lies. That's exactly what's been requested here for a long time, but most people refer to it as a blower vacuum or something similar.

Yes, it seems lots of people want a high quality cordless solution from Ego. Many people complain about fragile plastic fans not lasting well.
Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

Don't get me wrong, most of the units today are a combination blower/vac mulcher type but at this point in time EGO already makes a very good blower and even though it cost more for two separate units I have grown used to having them separate and now prefer them to be separate so I can just pick the piece of equipment that I want and not have to switch things out like I would normally do with my Black & Decker blower/vac which I now only use for mulching.  I and many like me need a really good cordless mulcher version made by EGO.  

The reason I stated to make it only a vacuum mulcher is that it would not have to contend with a blower aspect which should give it a better design ability from an engineering standpoint.  Like I said before EGO already has a good blower that does not have to be changed.

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I like the idea of combining tools. However there is always sacrifice. If you had a mower whose only option was to mulch. It would work much better than if it was mulch, bag, side discharge. Same goes for the trimmer. It will work much better than the new multi tools trimmer, we'll, maybe. The new multi tool has a 2000 watt motor.

But in general it's best to have dedicated tools, especially when they are electric.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Excellent points, fellas!
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too want a vacuum mulcher.  I like to compost and need a large supply of mulched dead, dry leaves but I live in a townhouse where none are available.  I need a portable unit I can take to nearby parks to mulch leaves collected in a shoulder strap large bag that I can empty into contractor garbage bags for composting.  I have a rear deck 3 ft off the ground which I can store many big bags of leaves so I can compost through the warm summer when dead leaves aren't available. I once had an electric B&D unit when in CA but it needed a hellishly long extension cord.  It did do the trick though but now I need portability.  It really is senseless to have to bring leaves to a location near an outlet, making the entire project of ending up with mulched leaves, a multi-step operation.  I can't be one of just a few people needed a vacuum mulcher based on your blower.  I'd even settle for a combo unit like the B&D unit was.  Put this on the market PLEASE!!
Photo of Pongajim

Pongajim

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why not just reverse the fan on the current blower and make the appropriate changes to the design. Would love to have a vacuum to be able to get into nooks and crannies between plantings and buildings. I have a Troy Belt vacuum attachment that is a pain to use (gas powered) BUT the plastic impeller still works just fine after 6 years of use.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The current Ego blowers use an axial fan design that spins over 20,000 RPM. An impact with debris at those speeds would be catastrophic.

Vacuum mulchers use a centrifugal design that spins much slower and uses a thicker more durable impeller design. An Ego version would likely follow that design principle, I’d think.
Photo of True Eclective

True Eclective

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
If ego made a munching handheld leaf vacuum I’d by it in a heartbeat.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Okay, there are a number of issues here.  First, there is Blue Angel's point, though that fan will not fall apart if it sucks up a few leaves from the rear intake (I've tested it, though I do not recommend it due to the finely made fan blades), but I remind people that WORX did this in axial style with their turbine fusion and people didn't like the level of dust it generated.  It shredded so well with its two metal axial fans spinning in opposite directions that it turns the leaves it sucks in to dust, which to me is a downside because it is quite difficult to make a bag that passes air well without passing dust that will not get clogged with dust so that no air passes.

To me, axial fans shred extremely well, but I still prefer centrifugal blower vacs, and to me, the best one out there is the Toro Ultra Blower Vac, the 51619 and 51621 models.  I've been asking Toro for a cordless one of those.  The impellers won't last forever, but they are easy enough to replace that it does not matter a hell of a lot to me.  It would be nice if EGO could make one of these vacs with a longer lasting impeller, out of a more durable, impact resistant plastic that can handle high velocity projectiles like metal bottlecaps or nuts, and with a high CFM and shredding ability that is good, but not turn-to-dust good.  It needs to suck well, but not so well that it sucks up stuff that you don't want it to suck up (have a large, high-CFM, low velocity tube with a large impeller and large discharge, something like a fatter version of the ultra blower vac.

At the very least I would like the mower to mulch better than it does without me having to purchase a new blade.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Okay, there are a number of issues here.  First, there is Blue Angel's point, though that fan will not fall apart if it sucks up a few leaves from the rear intake (I've tested it, though I do not recommend it due to the finely made fan blades), but I remind people that WORX did this in axial style with their turbine fusion and people didn't like the level of dust it generated.  It shredded so well with its two metal axial fans spinning in opposite directions that it turns the leaves it sucks in to dust, which to me is a downside because it is quite difficult to make a bag that passes air well without passing dust that will not get clogged with dust so that no air passes.

To me, axial fans shred extremely well, but I still prefer centrifugal blower vacs, and to me, the best one out there is the Toro Ultra Blower Vac, the 51619 and 51621 models.  I've been asking Toro for a cordless one of those.  The impellers won't last forever, but they are easy enough to replace that it does not matter a hell of a lot to me.  It would be nice if EGO could make one of these vacs with a longer lasting impeller, out of a more durable, impact resistant plastic that can handle high velocity projectiles like metal bottlecaps or nuts, and with a high CFM and shredding ability that is good, but not turn-to-dust good.  It needs to suck well, but not so well that it sucks up stuff that you don't want it to suck up (have a large, high-CFM, low velocity tube with a large impeller and large discharge, something like a fatter version of the ultra blower vac.

At the very least I would like the mower to mulch better than it does without me having to purchase a new blade.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

This double-posting problem is still here.
Photo of Craig Yee

Craig Yee

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So someone has gone and done it: a cordless, lithium-ion battery powered leaf blower, vacuum and mulcher: 

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-40-Volt-Variable-Speed-Cordless-Brushless/dp/B01C8DZHCM/ref=sr_1_7?s=lawn...

Other brands are sure to follow.  If I don't see an option from EGO within the next six months (at least announced), I will start investing in another system so I can get the functionality I need.  I already have an EGO mower, string trimmer and chain saw.  I need a blower and a leaf mulcher and would like nothing better than buy a EGO all-in-one blower/vacuum/mulcher.  If EGO doesn't produce one, however, I will reluctantly invest in an other cordless platform.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nothing like a little competition to spur on evolution!

I must say, however, that SunJoe vacblower looks extremely weak... based on the video in that Amazon listing it can barely suck leaves and only has enough blowing power to clear a hard patio. And that video is likely shot in “best case” conditions, being a manufacturer shot video and all.

I would imagine an Ego vacblower would need to be 3-4X as powerful as that in order to not sorely disappoint any existing Ego customers that tried it.

Perhaps that’s why we haven’t seen this from Ego yet? Just guessing.
Photo of Randy Closner

Randy Closner

The problem Blue Angel is not the fact that its weak but somebody else has already come up with it. Not EGO, but somebody else. It will take some time but soon they will get it right and leave EGO customers wanting in a bad way.

I still think EGO makes some of the best battery operated equipment but to be a leader they need to stay innovative and not drop the ball on such a vital piece of equipment that we customers needed.

I still would like a stand alone vac mulching unit but would take a blower vac unit also, EGO needs to produce something or let it's customers know that they have no plans to produce one. Transperancy (being clear) with your customers is what creates loyal customers and good profits for EGO.

Just to let everyone know I personally have had nothing but great customer service from EGO and thier products meet my needs very well.
Photo of William Airy

William Airy

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I could not agree more!!! Ego, PLEASE MAKE A VACUUM MULCHER!! One that collects pine cones and needles would be amazing! I would pay up to $400 for a tool that accomplished this task...PLEASE!
Photo of Simon Becker

Simon Becker

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
+ 1. Once you have blown everything in to a corner, you want to suck it back up! I would happily go for a either a combo blower/vac or two seperate tools with dedicated functions. I won't be getting a blower until one of these solutions exist.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 98,014 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's what I said until the 530 went on sale.   Decided it will work great in combination with my plug in Toro mulching/vac/blower.   The bagging unit can be plugged in and stationary doing its mulching thing while I roam free with my 530 blowing all of the leaves to the waiting mulcher/bagger/vac.

Plus having the 530 is so nice for everyday clean ups that take 2 minutes when I can just grab it and go to work with no worry about getting out the extension cord.  I am done with the job before I would have had the extension cord unwound.  So glad I change my mind on that one.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As always, we're sharing all of your ideas and suggestions with the team. :-) 
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 60 Points
I agree that an Ego mulcher /blower combo would be great. It is nice to have the same tool to do multiple functions. Buy an extra battery to have while charging another while you still work. Your products are awesome and we need this option on the market yesterday!!!!
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

While blowing leaves to central location and then have to put them through a mulcher may appeal to some and suit their circumstances, for many of us, it's not convenient or feasible!  On my 1 acre property in CA, it was on a hillside with only the home's footprint on a level area.  I had shrubs, trees, hedges and uneven ground to contend with so I needed a combo blower/vacuum mulcher to take up the leaves WHERE THEY LIE!!  

I realize a high quality blower with vacuum mulching - and using a high quality high carbon SHARP impellor  - can't be manufactured for $150-200, but if you made one, and did it for under [hopefully :-)] $300, it would immediately become the Rolls Royce of blower/vacuum mulchers & immediately outsell the competition.  At a good price point, your battery technology combined with high quality construction features would immediately render the competition's cord and gas units obsolete.  My only extra expense would be a second battery.  I have to drive to a park or forest to collect my leaves, but even if I was still on my property in CA, I would need portability.  With the B&D unit I was severely limited by the power cord and trying to vacuum and mulch was truly a PITA!  And....it had a cheap, non-sharp impellor and bag construction that was not up to the pressure created by the unit's power and would tear at the bag to strap locations.  Your unit would address these concerns, I'm sure.  Make the impellor easily removable for sharpening.

It's hard to fathom why a company such as yours with so many fine garden implements has missed the boat for so long in not coming out with a high grade, ie very high speed, stainless steel sharp impellor, with large capacity very durable collection bag, unit.  Many folks need portability due to the size of their properties.  And being a combo, I can quickly blow leaves into a pile in a park or the woods and then vacuum mulch them.  

There's also the issue of cost of having to use two separate units to accomplish the mulching chore.  If someone's situation has them using a blower + a large fixed mulcher, the cost is much greater than if you made a high quality combo unit.  This isn't rocket science; it comes down to the decision-makers getting off their collective duffs and simply go forward with making this type of unit, which would lead the industry.  I, like I have to assume many others feel the same way, do NOT want to use a gasoline powered unit.  Technology has evolved way past the need for this once functional but now antiquated technology, lead in large part by yourselves.  Please....pull the rag out and make this unit ASAP, and when you do, let me know where in the Greater Vancouver area of BC I can buy it!  Thanks.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

The blower battery life is greatly diminished when running the blower on turbo constantly.  I would imagine that a vacuum/mulcher would need to basically run on turbo constantly.  This could be what is holding back production.  No one would want a vacuum unit that would run for 10-15 minutes.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

While the impeller would need to operate at high speed to mulch leaves, I would think the airflow requirement to vacuum leaves would be much less than what’s required to blow them. If this is true, the overall power required could be much less than a blower.

Just thinking out loud. :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Quite possible.  My financial brain doesn't always convert things correctly to engineering.
(Edited)
Photo of Simon Becker

Simon Becker

Even if there was some way to easily change out a blow-fan cartridge for a suction-fan / impeller cartridge that connects to the single motor, this way you could have a single tool where performance is not compromised by dual parts needed to provide both functions. I guess this would be a bit like an air-multitool, but with an instant function change... who knows. But yes, I agree with your note above!
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

Sorry, not following you Simon, regarding changing cartridges?? to change functions.  There's no need as I see it.  With the B&D unit, I merely disconnected the blower tube and attached the bag there. I attached the larger flared vacuum tube to the air intake and you've gone from blower to vacuum mulcher in a few minutes, if that.

The only difference between what EGO should make and the B & D unit is the power source.:-)
Photo of Simon Becker

Simon Becker

I see I see. The only reason I started talking cartridges is that an engineer recently told me that fan blades designed to blow are not efficient (as the could be) at suction - and vice versa. Though he could be wrong and I could be too by repeating his mistake. I assumed that EGO would be concerned about maximum performance, and perhaps this inefficiency might be why they had not yet made a dual function machine. The cartridge suggestion was a possible way to overcome this inefficiency issue in one machine (assuming what the engineer told me is true).
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

Interesting discussion folks.  I feel some maybe overthinking the non-battery aspect of the design technology.  This Isn't a new idea from me as B&D's Model No. BV5600 does exactly what's required and appears as would be expected, to have improved over the unit I had 10 years ago, namely with a metal impeller.  Go to their website to see it.  This is exactly what we need but only in a portable version.  This unit has no "cartridge" and I can't imagine what the engineer is possibly referring to.  The only part on a blower/vacuum mulcher that could conceivably be termed a "cartridge" is the battery power pack, but nothing regarding the functional design. 

Air direction is the same passing through the impeller and works just fine in the mulching form.  For mulching, the expended air along with the mulched leaves are simply put into the bag as opposed to directed to the atmosphere.  To convert from blower to vacuum mulcher, you simply remove the protective shroud over the air intake and attach the vacuum tube here.  Connect the bag to the air outlet after removing the blower tube and you're ready to go. Couldn't be simpler. :-)

B&D's has two speeds, low and high but both work for mulching.  The difference is you can use the lower speed for working around living plants you don't want to disturb or harm.  

I don't buy into the idea of the current battery not providing enough power for a long enough period of time as they're used to power lawnmowers and snowblowers which require far more power than a leaf mulcher!  

The only issue as I see it, and I'm an engineer too, is that the current cordless blower cannot be modified to the multi-use platform we see in the B&D unit......it has to be a completely new design to make it the multi-use tool it needs to be.  EGO is considered an upscale model and with the technology, both in multi-use design as shown by B&D for a long time now, and battery design from EGO leading the industry, there is no reason why the marriage of design and battery power can't be put into production asap.  Basically copy B&D's design with enough changes to not run afoul of any patents of course.  I can't imagine EGO isn't aware that they're losing a market share to B&D and other manufacturers by not having a combo unit of their own.  Knowing your competition is the key to success and their units are filling a niche in the market for a blower/vacuum mulcher, however NOT a portable version that isn't gasoline powered.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I think that about covers it... Amen! :-)
Photo of Derryank

Derryank

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mulching season where I'm  at...could definitely use a battery powered mulcher right about now...EGO?
Photo of Dan

Dan

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Looking at the basement areaway and rock-garden cleanup I will soon be having to do. Really wish I had a vac/mulcher. I used to have a WORX - worked great, but I hated the cord.

I'm on edge of my seat about to buy a new vac/mulcher. Can't decide if I want to go the WORX corded one again, or get a battery powered one like Black-n-Decker's and then have to deal with another type of battery (I already have an EGO blower, mower, and string trimmer).

If EGO made a vac/mulcher I'd buy it in a heart-beat - even if it was a dedicated vac/mulcher. If EGO has plans to make one, it would really be nice to know before I can't wait anymore and end up wasting my money buying something else. Thanks!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,918 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
While I understand the need to be a leader in the main OPE categories, I wish Ego would start branching out into new ones. With five unique blowers, three unique string trimmers, three unique lawnmowers, two hedge trimmers, a powerhead system and a snowblower etc. I think they’ve pretty much got it covered.

Now that you have all the main categories dominated, Ego, it’s time to start branching out a little. Start wining and dining those Home Depot execs who set up your new product deals and make it happen!!!
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,058 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Greenworks has a blower vac in their 40V lineup, and I'm probably going to get it. Being a pro lawn guy, blower vacs aren't that imperative, but I would prefer to have one to quickly get leaves out of  places I can't get the mower to and don't want to blow.  I want a vac like the Toro but with either larger size and more torque, so it can suck in and shred a larger amount of leaves without slowing down.  Since it will probably suck up twigs or pieces of wood mulch periodically, I want to see an impact shield in the bag where debris wants to hit and tear up the bag.
Photo of Tool Guy

Tool Guy

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any Update on this issue EGO. Like a lot of fans of your tools, I would buy a leaf vacuum in a minute. I’d hate to go out and buy a corded model, then have EGO issue a product a year later. Any update on feasibility of such a product and ball park date of sale of same?
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No updates at the moment, but we'll definitely post when/if this changes. In the meantime, we continue to share your ideas with the team. 
Photo of David Sullivan

David Sullivan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Any plans for a EGO lawn vac like a Billy Goat?.
Photo of Alex Gnydjenko

Alex Gnydjenko

• 60 Points
I Fully concur
While the blower is great for certain functions a cordless mulcher would be unreal.
There are other companies now producing these but I would prefer sticking with EGO.....dont know how long I will hold on though!!!!
Photo of Jon Fox

Jon Fox

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the Ego self-propelled mower and the string trimmer. They are great. I also have the Toro 51619 - a powerful mulcher-vac, that is also a blower. I don't use the blower much, but I use the mulcher-vac frequently. That long power cord the Toro requires drives me nuts. Sure, there are some weak battery powered mulcher vac's on the market, but I want something as powerful as my Toro. I keep hoping Ego will step up and make one. Sigh. So, I am seriously considering a backpack powerpack, like the Ego BH1001, and a small inverter capable of 12A ac, to power my Toro. At least that way, I can use my Ego batteries.

Please, Ego, use your considerable expertise to make a mulcher-vac up to the capability of the Toro 51619 corded unit!
Photo of Sarah C Smith

Sarah C Smith

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
GreenWorks makes one of these, but I am so happy with my Ego products that I am keeping my fingers crossed that you guys work this one out. I’ll use my electric (plug in) for this fall, since I already have it, but will definitely replace it with a battery model next year. I just hope it is Ego!
https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-Var...
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For those interested, here is an idea for breaking down leaves using a string trimmer. I tried it and really liked how it worked.
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/string-trimmer-as-leaf-mulcher

Photo of Jeth Coniglio

Jeth Coniglio

• 66 Points
I would by an Ego mulcher/vac in a heartbeat...please Ego listen to your customers!
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

Ego:  your non-decision to make what the public is clamoring for is as hard to believe as the non-pass interference/helmet to helmet contact call in yesterday's NFL League Championship game in New Orleans.

I started this thread and it's been long enough for Ego to have designed and produced what the people want.  I've lost interest in waiting and bought the corded Black & Decker vacuum/blower/mulcher.  It doesn't have the freedom of a battery unit so getting shredded leaves for composting has unfortunately become a two step procedure:  gather the leaves at the park and bring them home to mulch.  

I don't need any other powered garden tools but if I did, I wouldn't buy EGO due to their lack of caring regarding what the public wants that happens to be the logical solution to the issue.  I just got sick and tired of waiting on a corporation's dragging their feet on making a sound business decision. 
Snooze you lose.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Some tools do not lend themselves to operates most efficiently with battery power.  I think a mulcher, blower/vac and power washer may all be in that group.  Perhaps evidenced by the fact that you purchased a corded model. 
Or maybe the market for the "most wanted" products really are not large enough markets to warrant manufacturing.

In any case hardly a reason to give up on a quality line of products because you can't get what you want NOW.

Good luck with search for better battery powered line of OPE.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

There are a lot of "wants" from people in this community.  Ego does a reasonably good job of releasing new tools every year while broadening their portfolio, but not every want can be looked after.

There's also the very real possibility that after researching the market there just wasn't the demand necessary to justify the investment in a new tool (that's just me speculating).  Remember, not only does Ego have to develop the tool, but retailers have to agree to sell it.  It's not always as simple as "I want it, therefore it shall exist".  ;-)

Take my comments for what they're worth... for all I know Ego could be ready to announce their new mulcher/blower combo unit.  Lol.
Photo of Dave Theobald

Dave Theobald

I firmly believe that retailers of garden equipment, EGO products in particular, currently selling a variety of blowers and vacuum/blower/mulchers would certainly be interested in selling the Cadillac of this type of equipment if EGO made it.  Home Depot, Orchard Supply and Ace come to mind. Contrary to your contention that research wouldn't justify producing this unit, again I direct your attention to the fact that there are a multitude of electric mulchers on the market and a variety of blowers as well.  This fact alone proves that my [and many other folks!] 'want' for a battery powered unit would most certainly sell.  

I certainly agree with you regarding not making a brand new product whatever it may be just because one or a few want it, but that's not the case here.  What we want is just another version of a product that's already in the marketplace - separate blowers & mulchers - and obviously doing very well by the fact they're continuing to be produced.  What I've suggested is merely a 'variation on a [existing] theme'.  It would fill a need in the market that's only competition currently for sale, is a gas powered unit which I won't use.

Now having made my point, the only caveat to this unit not selling at the retail level would be its price point.  I would and I believe others would as well, be willing to pay a premium for this unit being the only style - battery powered - on the market.  That does not mean we'd pay a huge premium.  If would have to be reasonable to the buyer/end user while rewarding EGO for producing a high end product that's unique to the marketplace.  

I've successfully argued against all reasons given here by a few folks why this unit shouldn't or can't be produced.  To me, these are lame arguments contending I haven't thought through all aspects of producing this unit.  I have, so I conclude these folks do not have marketing experience or are EGO sympathizers attempting to derail this thread I started.  Knock yourself out folks, I can counter any counter argument you or EGO can come up with. :-)  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Wow. Logic like that cannot be argued!

Ego, what are you waiting for?