Will a 56V 2.0ah EGO battery turn the motor of your 21" self propelled lawn mower

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Will a 56V 2.0ah EGO battery turn the motor of your 21" self propelled lawn mower? I am being told by a seller that it will not work.
Photo of Hey jude

Hey jude

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 934 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The answer is yes but the charge won't last for long. I have a 21" non self propelled and have used the 2.0ah to finish off my lawn on occasion, I get about 15-20 minutes depending on the length of the grass. I imagine with a self propelled mower it would not last that long.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,770 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
YES - All ego batteries work in all ego tools.  As Chris said the only difference will be the run time.  The seller is mistaken.

Only the Snow blower comes with the recommendation of using minimum two 4.0 batteries for optimum performance.
(Edited)
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 11,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have used 2.5 ah batteries in my 21" self propelled model (with the extra drag of a high lift blade) and get around 8-10 minutes of runtime. I don't see any reason why a  2.0 AH battery wouldn't let you mow for 5-8 minutes. But really, you want a 7.5 AH  battery for any serious mowing (I just use the 2.5 AH batteries while I'm quick charging my 7.5 AH battery to extend my total runtime). 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The mower should actually get more runtime than that off of a 2.5 unless you're really cutting some thick stuff.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 11,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I've never gotten more than 10 minutes off of an (almost completely new) 2.5 Ah battery, possibly due to the extra 20% hit of the high lift blade.
Photo of Howard Hoffman

Howard Hoffman

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My 21 “ mower is still under warranty. If I take the mower in for repair with a electrical motor problem with the 2.0 ah battery, will they still consider this normal usage? Manual states the 5.0 and 7.5 run times, but does not mention the 2.0 run times. Warranty states about modifications and normal usage. The owners manual for all the batteries states (use of power tools only with specifically designated battery packs. Use of any other packs may create a risk of injury or fire.) Can someone tell me where to read in print by Ego that all batteries are interchangeable in all power tools.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,548 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Perhaps not hard copy print, but certainly on the web site in print there on the left.

Link to page.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Howard, page 8 of the 21”SP mower manual tells you what batteries are compatible:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/026...

All of Ego’s batteries are listed there.
Photo of SueLW

SueLW

• 502 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The LM2001 mower came with battery BA2240 and the CH5500 charger.