Why is a conversation locked?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I just got notice of a new thread - and signed in to find the conversation was private - locked.  Why?
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 2,634 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,712 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

I have been having the same problem of not being able to reply to a post.
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

This conversation was entitled: "Read before you buy an Ego mower"  but it was locked/private - so I could not access the page or read the replies.   
(Edited)
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I assume you are referring to the post by Jay Reddy - "My Ego mower failed after six uses..."

I asked a similar question here about a week ago. EGO takes conversations private when the post is overtly complaining about customer service. Now I can't find my own conversation, so I guess that one got deleted too.  .
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 66,746 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Six uses - should be well under 90 days and eligible for a return for full refund or replacement at HD.
Sounds fishy - let’s all exercise some common sense
Photo of James Trotter

James Trotter

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Me too!   Please EGO don't send posts I can't reply to.   Regardless of content.
Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
They dont like bad news. There have been lots of people complain about taking their mower in to be serviced. I doubt there are a y teck people at any Home Depot, that's why they all have to be sent off. And people wait weeks and months. They dont like bad press! Even though it's the truth.
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

My suggestion would be for EGO to employ Mobile Technicians for every region like computer companies have - with critical parts on a van or overnight-able to wherever the technician is located.

No mower is worth waiting 3 months for repairs - a week or two maybe - but never 3 months!!!

I'm so glad I bought the push and not the self-propelled - less to go wrong.   I also don't have the kind of grass that requires using the catcher.   Simplest is best.   

I also store and charge my battery indoors...handle it gently like it's the nuclear football.   

Thus far, my LM2101 has been problem free.   
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
People really seem to enjoy conspiracy theories and thinking the worst.
As was previously and repeatedly explained a post that can only be assisted by customer service is taken private to help the OP not to hide things.
You can post about problems or things you don’t like and your post will not disappear.
If you add that no one from ego will help you or if ego has already offered you help that you ignore then your post will likely be taken private.

Ego is helpful and doing its best to solve problems not hide them. Look thru this forum and you can find plenty of people talking about problems and things they don’t like. The problems are not hidden

Stop making this into something it is not.
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

Szwoop, 

Thank you for explaining the reason for conversations being locked.

However, I do not think anyone on this thread was engaging in conspiracy theories.

The guy in question didn't sound like a scammer either.   

Overall, having read the comments over the two years I have owned my mower, the biggest detriment in EGO ownership seems to be service - and slow service to boot.   

I realize battery mowers are in their first few years being marketed and the service facilities may not be widely established yet....but it still takes away from the owners experience.  

I wonder if the other battery mower companies are doing any better at providing service/repair/parts to their customers?
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agree the HD repair department seems to be a problem.  Hopefully with Ace now selling Ego, the 5 year(?) exclusive contract with HD has lapsed and that will apply to repairs as well.  I hope. 
Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

I won my push mower from the guys at Tools In Action. Had it not been for that, I would not own the mower. I did however buy the 12" weed eater, blower, and hedge trimmer. And I do like them. And I do oefer them to gas units. However, since signing up for thislose blog or forum. There have been hundreds of complaints about service after the sale. I guess that's what early adapters of technology have to go through. I have never contacted them about a problem or had any service done. But there have been numerous comments about waiting on the phone, waiting for their mower to be serviced. Being a fairly new company they should do better. First impressions from old and new buyers will linger for years. Once you loose people, they never come back.
Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

And while I'm at it. Their marketing dept needs help. I read all the time where a person ask if this battery fits or rhat. Come on EGO, do a better job of educating your customers.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 51,484 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can lead a horse to water...

The battery compatibility is prominent in the owners manuals, on the outside of the boxes and right on the main page of the website. But a lot of people just refuse to read anything and will jump online to find answers that are right in front of them. I see it all the time on drone forums – frequently after someone has already cratered their $1,500 drone into the ground.

Here's the main page of Ego's website (emphasis mine):

Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

I'm good. I never had a problem understanding the battery thing. But it looks like alot of people do. I never read the owners manual either but gee, I just would think some people would have a clue.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Some don't.  So when they ask about the batteries, we just explain the universal system.  Easy
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego is no longer participating on this forum. Any posts related to Ego Customer Service or Home Depot repairs are removed simply because there’s nobody here to deal with them.

This is now just a peer-to-peer forum where owners can discuss Ego’s tools, tips and tricks, and basic troubleshooting advice. Anything more requires a call to Customer Service and is not the focus of this forum.

Hope that helps clear things up. :-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.