Why does EGO dislike Canada

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Sorry if  have to sound too controversial.  EGO does make awesome products that I sure would like to purchase if only I could.  That is where EGO has totally let me down.  They cannot pass the blame to HomeDepot or Amazon as they were in the room when the distribution contracts were signed.  They had their hands on the pen that signed the piece of paper.

But Canada got the shaft and we are stuck with authorised dealers who just do not want to carry the products that are readily available in the USA.  I am left asking WHY?

Shame on you EGO for abandoning your customers to the north.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Matt, Ego's hands are tied when it comes to managing stock levels at Home Depot. They can't babysit the retailer to make sure they're doing things correctly, and I bet HD would tell them where to go if they tried.

I believe your problem is with Home Depot. You should call their head office and voice your concerns. I have a feeling that complaining to Ego is like preaching to the choir... they would certainly love it if HD kept their shelves stocked with product. :-)
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It is great to say that their hands are tied, but they signed the exclusive brick and mortar deal.  

You say complain to HomeDepot, but I don't have access to anyone who has anything to do with the supply chain here in Canada.  The USA has plenty of stock.   Canada seems to not even carry any.

I can complain to the store managers who shrug as they have no control over what they can carry inside the store.   I complain to the phone operator at homedepot.ca and they have zero control over how the operation is run.

EGO likely has a better inside to the people who can actually move and shake.  If they knew why people like me are not purchasing their product, and figure out that it is hurting their bottom line, then perhaps it would inspire them to actually do something about it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
All good points, and customers here have been questioning the value of the exclusive agreement between Ego and HD for a long time.

Maybe Jennifer can shed some light?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Matt and Blue, I have just posted our official response in the other Canada thread but I'll copy it here for you in a nutshell. Demand has exceeded our supply. We are working with The Home Depot Canada to get everything in stock, bare tools included, online and select stores. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this challenge.
(Edited)
Photo of Mikeg

Mikeg

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You are not alone, as it appears that Ego do not like the UK either!  I purchased a Chainsaw, hedge cutter and a spare battery from a local'ish supplier here in the UK, they had the chainsaw kit which I took with me, but put the Hedge cutter and battery and back order on 10/08/2016.  So far I have been made promises but no goods, the supplier says they have been chasing them but get no word from the European stores in Germany.  I purchased these and intended to add to them, but it seems you cannot supply, I would have gone to another make if I knew of your supply chain issues which my supplier says I am only one of many in this situation!  What do you say, can you assist me please?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.