Which adapter kit is required to put a brush blade on the EGO String Trimmer?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Photo of Peter Sollimo

Peter Sollimo

• 70 Points

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 51,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Brush cutter is not currently available in North America.  It is only available in the UK/Europe.

Hopefully that will change soon
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 149,464 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And just in case Peter is referring to the regular 15” string trimmer, it is not intended for use with aftermarket accessories.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,792 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
By the way, last I heard, Mower Magic ships to the United States, so if you do want the brushcutter, you can get it from there.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Maybe I am misremembering because I can't seem to find the post, but I thought Amber posted in another discussion that the European brush cutter attachment was not compatible with the US tool.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 59,496 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Correct, yet again! The European attachment is not compatible with the American Power Head. 

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/bca1200-attachment
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Winner winner chicken dinner - show me the money !
Photo of richbrew

richbrew

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So when do we get one in the US? I have a big patch behind my yard that really needs one of these.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 149,464 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There are MANY of us waiting for this to be made available on this continent. Hopefully soon? Please?!?
i would like a brush cutter option too.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 59,242 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We continue to share your ideas with the team. Please keep em coming! :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 50,702 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It is officially spring now.......
Haven't been any new products announced for a  few weeks.....
Do you have something you would like to share with us Amber .......
:)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,792 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Like a new 21 in. mower in the works sold with the high lift blade and an actual side discharge... or better, a 22 inch?
Photo of Scott Blanchard

Scott Blanchard

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The Oregon or Stihl 3-bladed brushcutter blade has been confirmed to work with the 15 inch trimmer that is part of the power head unit.

Caveats:

(1) I would not attempt this with the standard trimmer as its head design is different and more importantly, its motor is not as powerful as the 2K watt motor that drives the power head (equivalent to a 2.6hp 44cc gas engine). The power head motor is a BEAST.

(2) Do not attempt to use the circular saw blade. This blade has a tendency to kick back and stall when it gets stuck on dense material, resulting in harmful effects on the power head motor and drive assembly that will surely not be covered under warranty. FWIW, I've had a gas operated bike handle brushcutter that does the same thing, but it perhaps its able to absorb shock better than the EGO unit does.

(3) As an alternative, I have been using a Grass Gator Extra Heavy Duty brushcutter blade head with my CORE power 36v string trimmer with much success and no adverse affects on the trimmer. That head will cut through 1 inch privet stalks and keep moving along.

Video proof:

(Edited)
Photo of Scott Blanchard

Scott Blanchard

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Here is a video of me using the Grass Gator Extra Heavy Duty brush cutter head with my 36v CORE power trimmer (I still have this unit while I'm awaiting the arrival of my brand new EGO power head and trimmer combo)

Highly recommend this head if you are looking for brushcutter blade for your power-head string trimmer:

(Edited)