Where is halfcack's post? "On third self propelled 2100SP but I won’t give up ..

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Answered
Weird. This post apparently was removed within a couple minutes of it's posting. What's up with that?
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 862 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It was probably something this forum couldn't help with so it was taken private. I didn't see the post, so just a guess.
Photo of Steve Ward

Steve Ward

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The moderators frequently hide posts that they say they will respond to privately to assist (of course those subscribed to email updates receive the original complaint to find it MIA on the forum.  Most commonly this occurs with negative posts - past feedback has been that the forum is designed for obtaining assistance and suggestions from other users and the posts hidden for direct assistance are ones which other customers may not be able to assist with.  I don't agree with the approach of having to hide the post while assisting the customer directly (off the forum) unless the post is of course abusive, violates published rules of the road etc.  Many other forums I am a member of manage compliant posts by replying that a private message has been sent, or provide contact information to support etc.  which I find positive to see that a company is trying to assist those customers as much as possible.  Ego tends to like to hide them - but guess it is there forum after all.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 71,432 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It appears Get Satisfaction, the provider Ego uses for the forum, doesn't support private messaging. I've read in the past that that's a reason messages have to be taken private in order to exchange contact information.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 93,858 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
correct, I remember that from a previous post explaining the policies and procedures of the board.
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 4,114 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Does seem that way sometimes
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 800 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Steve - by moderators, I assume you mean full time EGO employees that monitor what is going with the board. I certainly understand removing posts that are mindlessly derogatory, crude and disrespectful. I've seen many of such posts directed at EGO Customer Service and the lengthy repairs at HD. Many of those oddly seem to stay posted. And I'm not sure why there is a need to go private other than exchanging emails. Maybe halfcack can chime in and explain what happened..