Where do I get replacement blades for my Ego hedge trimmer?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Keith Reich

Keith Reich

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
For a part like that you'll need to contact Ego customer service at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Keith Reich

Keith Reich

Thanks!
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can the blades just be sharpened?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes they can, sharpening instructions are in the manual. :-)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
They will need LOTS of sharpening, sadly.   I've had other trimmers that I NEVER sharpened--in over 10-15 years of usage, because the blades are so much harder.  But...I sold them when I bought the Ego trimmers...  So what we have is a mower that needs frequent blade sharpening, and hedge trimmers that need frequent sharpening.  Starting to see a pattern with Ego's choice of blade material??? We sure pay a price for using cordless Ego tools.
(Edited)
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
There isn't much in the way of "instructions" on how to sharpen the blades... what time of file do we use?  Is it just to take nicks out?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Here's a quick demo with a mill file and a grinder:

https://youtu.be/qvFLD-6TI5Y

Keep in mind the Ego uses two single sided blades, one side is simply there to hold the branch while the other cuts through. You'll see this when you look at the blade, and this is also why the blades need to be offset to sharpen instead of lined up like they show in that video.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Keith, we don't have replacement blades for the hedge trimmer. These are meant for long wear use. They are able to be sharpened however. Instructions can be found on page 24 in the manual found here: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262...
Photo of Keith Reich

Keith Reich

Thank you!
Photo of Steven Tanner

Steven Tanner

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
so ive had my hedge trimmer for about 1 week. while trimming it came across a barbwire fence and bent my blade. since you dont make a replacement blade my trimmer is now garbage? 

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,638 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ah, that sucks. You might try giving EGO CS a call and see what they can do for you.
They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Note they are closed today for the holiday.