where do i get a warranty repair done

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
the trimmer head fell off the trimmer while I was trimming. The trimmer is only one year old! Where can I get it fixed.
Photo of Dave Meyer

Dave Meyer

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,470 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Give customer service a call
Call first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait.
Leave a call back number if you cant stay on hold

1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Dave, there’s an exploded view of the trimmer head in the manual. If you have all the parts and some basic tools you may be able to reassemble it yourself:

This is for the ST1500SF. If that’s not your trimmer model you can look up the manual for yours here:

https://egopowerplus.com/products

If not you’ll have to call Ego Customer Service as szwoopp mentions above.
(Edited)
Photo of Kathy S

Kathy S

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I read on a Home Depot site that you are required to package up and send the item back to EGO. This particular reviewer also said it is near impossible to contact Customer Service and he never could get them to call back. I'm considering making an EGO purchase, but having second thoughts in light of that customer review.  Unfortunately, the only way to ask EGO is to create an account or call them! Any insights on this?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,222 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Some things to think about. Forums and reviews will generally skew in the negative direction. People who are satisfied with their equipment experiences rarely post about it. 
During the busy mowing season EGO cs can be difficult to reach but it seems once they are most people are happy with the service.
I don't know exactly what you are referring to regarding package up and return to EGO, but if I may, I had SOB ( some other brand) tiller that I returned to the SOB mfr after they sent me a warranty replacement. All I had to do was use the box the new one came in and apply the shipping label the other company provided me. I'd think if EGO were to send a warranty replacement, the same sort of process might apply? 
Otherwise if it's warranty work that is being done, the tool typically gets taken to Home Depot, doesn't have to be boxed, for either possible repair at HD or sent out to an EGO repair facility from HD. 
Having said all that, I'm on my 4th season with my mower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer and they are all working as well as season 1. So I think they are more reliable than reviews and complaints on forums make it seem.
Photo of Kathy S

Kathy S

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, you're right about more negative than positive reviews being posted. I've had my mower for 3 years with no problems and really love it, and it's good to hear that their other landscaping equipment holds up as well. The reviewer who posted his problems with his equipment (a leaf blower, I think) said Home Depot told him it had to be sent back. Thanks for responding!!