Where can I purchase a replacement oil tank cap for the pole saw attachment?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I broke the oil tank cap on my pole saw attachment and am looking to buy a replacement but haven't been able to find one.  Any suggestions where I can buy one?
Photo of don M

don M

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,376 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
RCPW.com
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 67,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 3,932 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thirty bucks for a plastic cap? Wow.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It also might be worth calling Ego customer service: 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of don M

don M

One from EGO Customer Service.  $18 plus $9 shipping.  
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 66,896 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
$27 from EGO vs$30 from RCPW. Although I don't know if RCPW charges shipping also.

William E Hanson

Free shipping from RCPW.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,604 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
shouldn't it be a warranty item? 

William E Hanson

Dave, it wasn't defective; it was broken by the owner, as stated in his post above.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

haven't u ever broken something yet it was still covered?  I've dropped plastic soap dispensers a couple of times and they were replaced.  They popped off of the fixture that is mounted in the shower.  They are quite expensive and I told them they broke because they fell on a porcelain floor.  I'm never shy about asking for something to be replaced.  All they can do is say no.  Some people are afraid to ask.

William E Hanson

Dave, it's a matter of one's personal ethics. Sure, many take advantage of a businesses generous policies, but it doesn't make it right IMO. Bottomline is the business pass these costs on to the consumer at some point, just like there are markups to cover shoplifting.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

So I am unethical because I told the TRUTH when I broke the soap dispenser?  Get off your high horse.  Statistically, I'm more ethical than the average person.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Dave, you did the right thing. It's always good to call the manufacturer. There might be something they are aware of, or aren't aware of, that they can implement in a new design or make right with a customer's product that might not have as great of a design. Manufacturers always want to know about failures, one way or the other. It helps them make a better product, and sometimes they'll send you a freebie as thanks. 
I always call. What's the worst they can do? Say no? Well, ok, but at least they are aware of a possible problem. At best, you'll get something for your trouble in helping them make a better product.
Not sure you took advantage of any business by calling. Warranty type coverage is built into the cost of the product so there is no price raising or anything of that nature. And it certainly has nothing to do with shoplifting as that would be something a retail establishment would need to take care of and not the manufacturer of the part or product.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

Exactly, thank you Mike!   The wall mount isn't designed well so it is far too easy to knock one of the 3 dispensers off the wall.  I didn't cheat anyone by asking for a replacement, not to mention I told them how it broke.  Hanson is just rude on this score.

Here is the link to the product:  https://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Triple-Shampoo-Dispensers-Stainless/dp/B002YNQX16/ref=sr_1_10?gcl...

(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

I have limited experience with some Simple Human products and they do seem to want to make a good product. I imagine they were happy to receive your call. And, who knows, maybe EGO knows there is some design problem with the chain saw oil caps and are happy to receive calls about it breaking. Might not really matter why it happened. Again, what's the worst EGO would do?  Say no? And, as OP found out, EGO went ahead and sold him a new cap. 
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

It irritates me when companies nickel and dime their customers.  I had to buy AND pay shipping for 2 plastic clips that hold the water lines to a GE water softener's inlet fittings.  It was ridiculous the price I had to pay for those cheap little clips, for use with a $600 softener.   Cheapskates.
Photo of don M

don M

The new Oil Tank Cap arrived yesterday!  only took 5 days from order to delivery Glad they were able to ship it right away instead of the ships in 5-10 days they told me. Now I have something to do this weekend :)