Where can I purchase a 12 in. string trimmer without the battery & charger?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Pretty sure that product is now obsolete and no longer being sold in both tool only or kit form.

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 64,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, the 12-inch trimmer was discontinued, although Ego did then cut the price of the 15-inch trimmer.

I bought the 12-inch trimmer originally but returned it for the 15-inch, which has several significant improvements (variable speed and better bump feed chief among them).
(Edited)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,412 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Ron, see the attached link from Jennifer regarding the 12" trimmer. This post was from 8 months ago, but the bottom line is that EGO is phasing out this model. Support will continue for existing owners, but purchasing a new one will be difficult to get ... not impossible. Surely, someone on eBay will have a couple to sell. Get the 15" instead, it is a ROCK STAR of a trimmer ... :-)

https://community.egopowerplus.com/eg...
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I had the 12" and returned it for the 15" due to lack luster performance.  However, the 12" would be good for some one of smaller stature, as well as some one who wanted a smaller lighter duty trimmer.  The foreign markets still have a 13" version, so that appears to acknowledge the need for a unit smaller than 15".

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.