When will the blades be available in home depot? Please suggest an alternative blade at least

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I feel like I made a big mistake buying EGO mower. Lack of parts makes me nervous and ready to return the mower and spend my hard earned money on a company with better customer support. 
Photo of FrustratedCustomer

FrustratedCustomer

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I also have a concern about the lack of any replacement supplies at the home depot stores.  Did you know that the EGO stuff wasn't sold in stores until this summer.  EGO needs to follow through and push HD to carry their line, or move across the isle to another store that will.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
David, thanks for your feedback.  The EGO Power+ line is brand new and has only been in stores since April.  We're working very hard to get all of our parts in stock as quickly as possible.  Our customer service department is all stocked up in the meantime to help alleviate the issues until Home Depot has everything they need.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Thank you Jennifer.  It is critical for your companies success to get your products on the local shelves.  Ordering online is fine for items you don't need for a few days to a week.  But the EGO line is very nice and I would much rather you succeed than struggle with frustrated customers. 

Official Response
We understand your frustration.  We do have replacement blades available with our customer service department.  They are in stock and ready to ship!  Even better news, we are currently offering free shipping for any replacement blade order as an apology for the lack of stock on homedepot.com.  To place an order, please call us at 1-855-346-5656.  We are here Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 8:00PM (Saturday and Sunday from 10:00AM - 6:00PM) EST.  Once again, please accept our apologies for the issues you've had.
Photo of Bruce

Bruce

• 62 Points
What about parts for Canada?  Would it be free shipping to us too?

FrustratedCustomer

Yes, this is ridiculous. Not sure who is at fault here EGO or HD. I want to hear from EGO representative the cause for this shortage.I don't want to call the customer support each time I need a part and wait for it to be manufactured and shipped to me from gods where.

Right now my $500 mower is sitting idle because the cheap blade is all dented and dull after couple of mowing. If I don't get some answers today I am returning this ....

You don't have to wait for any parts to be manufactured.  We have the blades in stock with our customer service department based in Michigan.  All parts for all of our tools are in stock and ready to ship right now.  

FrustratedCustomer

Thanks Jennifer.  
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Jennifer, that is great, but it doesn't help a weekend yard warrior who goes to cut his grass and finds he needs to replace his blade.  Essential items like this need to be able to picked up locally, not stop us in our tracks, waiting for a blade to be shipped.  I see the original posters point, I also am not happy when I go down the home depot isles that no EGO accessories are in stock.

Thank you and please pass this on to the higher ups. 

Official Response
The mower blades are now available on HomeDepot.com.  We would like to thank everyone for their feedback about store availability as well and will update this community if anything changes for the future.  
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

• 1,814 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jennifer when will the Blades be available in Canada?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.