When Will Ego's New 10.0 Ah Battery (BA5600T) Be Released?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
In the course of researching the full Ego equipment lineup and performance of the various tools, I've come across a handful of references now to a new 10.0 Ah battery which apparently Ego currently has under development. Since Ego is notoriously tight-lipped about what's coming down-the-pipe, I was wondering if any of the resident experts here on the forums can shed any light on the rumors.

Based on the below Tool Craze review article, some info and specs on the new 10.0 Ah battery:

• 560 Watt-Hours
  • Upgraded (Gen 3) 5-LED Fuel Gauge
  • Longer than previous batteries end-to-end
  • Charge Time w/Rapid Charger — 90 mins
  • Charge Time w/Standard Charger — 180 mins
https://toolcraze.net/ego-56v-10-0-ah-g3-3p-battery/

As I've been reviewing each of the tools in Ego's current lineup, I've wondered how they would mate the larger 10.0 Ah battery to it. Based on the above, it sounds as if the new battery may share the same width and height as the 7.5 Ah battery, but will be longer overall end-to-end.

This would make it compatible with all of the handhelds (should you want to wield the monster weight) as well as the backpack blower and backpack battery link. And while the width and height of the new battery's form factor should fit even the built-in compartments in the Lawn Mower and Snow Blower series, I wonder whether the additional length will prevent the battery compartment doors from closing.

The Global Industrial website linked below provides some additional info — the new battery will apparently be known as the BA5600T and priced at $499.95, although it is not yet currently available for purchase. Note that the listed specs and product description on this website appear to be copied and pasted from the 7.5 Ah BA4200T:

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/Batteries-Chargers/cord-less-batteries/ego-ba5600t-power-head-without-battery?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaMxPPP1bXB2iMDClWoFTObooK9FQxDZuDXWEMoW99r8zwLxwKOnDL7xoCzdwQAvD_BwE

Interested to hear whether anyone else has picked up on this pending release and/or has any additional information regarding it!

Photo of schwartzy18510

schwartzy18510

• 704 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 108,696 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
nothing new beyond the info you found and varios on line posts and reviewers mentioning the 10.0

My best guess is it will fit all tools as Ego has been on the all batteries fit all tools line since inception, although I guess that will change eventually, but i do not think just yet.

Agree it is strange that it was added to a manual but not yet released.  But I think that says good things about Ego not pushing new products out before they are ready just to meet expectaions.