When Will EGO Provide Replacement Parts Direct to Consumers?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I have always been a do-it-yourself fixer upper. I don't like leaving my investments at the shop overnight let alone months that I see for EGO products. Even though it will cost a few more $ in many cases I would like to fix things myself rather than trust a stranger working on my machines.

Is EGO ever going to provide replacement parts direct to the consumer/user?

(Ha, or are you looking for more good authorized repair people?)

Thanks,

Mike
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,152 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They are moving that direction.  Many parts are available thru RCPW.com but not all. 

As tools start to move beyond the 5 year warranty (which is soon I believe) there will be more incentive / motivation to sell parts. (I hope)
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We totally understand where you're coming from, Michael, and this is an option we're currently investigating. We'll post as soon as updates become available. 
Photo of videobruce

videobruce

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well it's been TEN months. Are you still "investigating" this??????????

Typical BS corporate response Chevron.

http://global.chervongroup.com/en/what-we-do/our-brands

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Again many parts are available thru RCPW.com

Also many parts are available thru EGO CS at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).

Certainly still room for improvement and increased parts and diagram availability.

And FYI Ego employees no longer post on this board, so they will not reply to your post.

Photo of videobruce

videobruce

A lot of room for improvement!
It doesn't surprise me that EGO employees don't post here anymore consider the lack of phone response..
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 54,678 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Videobruce, I'm guessing since you provided a link you know it's CheRVon and not CheVRon. 

Ok, yeah, as the first EGO tools are coming out of the warranty period users are asking for an easier way to get parts to do their own repairs. Many manufacturers, B&D, DeWalt, among others, have easily accessed parts lists and drawings online and parts can be ordered from nearly any repair outlet that these companies work with. Along those lines, there needs to be more independent places to take our tools so Home Depot isn't the only game in town. 

Maybe something will come out this year or next from EGO that will make repairs an easier process and maybe ease the phone call load on customer service so they can answer the phones in a more timely manner or return calls in a more timely manner.
Photo of videobruce

videobruce

I saw the typo afterwards, but ti was too late to correct.

EGO isn't a 'new' company. I'm sure they are aware of their competition. It's not just poor business, but illogical not to have better CS. But, they surely aren't alone.

Frankly, it wouldn't be surprising that they are relying on this site to 'take up the slack'. It's not a uncommon practice, no different than 'farming out' support overseas.
Photo of videobruce

videobruce

BTW, I shop at HD all the time, it's close to me and I don't have to go out to the suburbs to get to one unlike Lowes.