When/where do you ask for the side discharge chute?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can I obtain the side discharge chute?

Photo of Devin Sean

Devin Sean

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of charlie hepler

charlie hepler

• 1,338 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
For all Customer Service requests, please dial 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656). Agents are available 8:30am – 8:00pm EST (Monday – Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday and Sunday).
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My mower came with the side shute
Photo of charlie hepler

charlie hepler

• 1,338 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The one thing I really like about EGO is the fact that are actively participating on these forums and they really seem to want to improve. 

They used to box the units up without the side discharge and expect the customer to ask for it later. 

I think maybe they are listening to us and hearing that people expect a side discharge attachment to come with a mower of this quality and "Price Point" without having to ask for it later. :)

You may have gotten a unit that was boxed up before they decided to add them to the box?
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,508 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's exactly what Jennifer said. Anyone getting a 21" mower without the side discharge chute just needs to call Customer Service to request it.

At some point they made the change but there will be mowers in the system that the change didn't catch.
Photo of Brad Carey

Brad Carey

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Let me add that the documentation wording somewhere made it sound like the side discharge chute would automatically call upon registration, but you do have to call and request.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,922 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Brad, if you register your new power tool via email or phone, you do need to submit a copy of your receipt, in order for them to send you a side discharge for free.  Yes, you do have to request it - see the link below from a similar discussion about this topic from Jennifer.

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/how-can-i-obtain-the-side-discharge-chute-paperwork-sa...
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I understand why ego didn't include it.. I have used it I think like 1 time.... waste of plastic, no need to kill more ducks in the plastics infinite life. I applaud ego on doing this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.