WHEN??? New Multi-Head Ego String Trimmer, Pole Saw, Lawn Edger

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Photo of I Dexter

I Dexter

• 1,224 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
This should be available in April. I'll update the community when I have the specific live date.
Photo of Patt

Patt

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Will it first available only online (for Home Depot) or both in-store as well?

I bought string trimmer one 2 days ago and just returned it today after seeing this coming multi-tool.
(Edited)

These products will be online only. There are no plans to sell in store this year.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Will the new products be available in Canada at the same time they become available in the USA?

I'm not sure. Once I know the dates, I'll share with everyone.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you eh.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It seems like people are eager to get their hands on this!
Photo of tom

tom

• 60 Points
i just bought the mower and need to have an edger.  more info on this would be very helpful as have to make decisions shortly.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure you're following this conversation and Jennifer will update as soon as she gets the in-stock date.
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is the multi-year trimmer still planned to come out this April 2017? Or delays? I just bought the straight shift trimmer last week. Saw this and now I am thinking to return it. Please advise.

Yes. this will be available this month. We promise to post when it's for sale online on homedepot.com.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled power unit with attachments.

Tools in Action posted a You Tube video in January 2017 with a multi head edger, trimmer, and pole saw, but I don't see these tools available in your list of products on your website.  When will they be available?  Thanks, Rick Clark
Photo of Erik Stepelton

Erik Stepelton

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jennifer, can't wait for the multi-head unit to come out! Please tell me you'll be offering it as a kit with the central unit, at least one attachment, and most importantly, a 7.5AH battery?! I'm sure you'll offer the different heads individually.

After running the 7.5 on my mower/blower/chain saw, I don't see a reason to buy any of the smaller batteries.  That 7.5 would give me enough juice to go from weed whacking, then edging, and then maybe take care of some of the overhead stuff with the pole saw, all on one charge.

Patiently waiting,

Erik

Erik, I can tell you that we are NOT going to offer any handheld tools with the 7.5Ah battery in a kit. That battery is so heavy that it's just not something we plan to ever offer with any handheld unit, at this time. We'll be offering these tools as bare tools so you could build your own kit with the batteries that you so desire.
Photo of Erik Stepelton

Erik Stepelton

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for confirming, Jenn.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.