when I plug in the ego charger the lights flash and a bl9wer motor comes on for a second then nothing when i put the battery on the charger

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
when I plug in the ego charger the lights flash and a bl9wer motor comes on for a second then nothing when i put the battery on the charger
Photo of Thomas Hill

Thomas Hill

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Charles

Charles

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Sounds similar to an issue I had with my 5 amp from 2015. About 6 months past warranty battery would not charge . Charger ran for a few seconds then showed full charge. Mower showed red. I tried all the trouble shooting I could find (including the standard charger that came with chain saw). Still no use. Bought another 2 amp battery. Can mow my yard with the two smaller batteries. At some point I ran the big battery till it quit, and set it next to the other two. I am a packrat, with intentions to take things apart (sometimes repair) before I discard. Hey there might have been some good cells left in the battery. Anyway, this spring (after January, I'm in the south) I got ready to mow and throw a battery on the charger. I put the big 5 amp on without looking close. It charged. I now use it for mowing. 

Bottom line. Something in the course of running down and sitting for a while made a change in the battery's brain. 

Unfortunately, this (June) is not a good time for idle batteries. 

I did try to contact EGO when battery went. I did not win the callback lottery.