When I cut a little bit wet lawn after rainy day, the ego lm2000 sometimes stopped so I needed to strat again about 5 times or more. Why?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Photo of 박용진

박용진

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Need more details: 1) what battery, 2) what indications did the mower display (blinking lights)?
Photo of 박용진

박용진

The battery is 4.0 and sometimes it showed green blinking light and sometimes it showed orange blinking light before it stopped working!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The orange blinking light means the mower is working too hard.  As Jacob suggested below, have you tried sharpening the blade?  A dull blade makes the mower work very hard.
Photo of 박용진

박용진

Where can I get sharpening service? 
Do you the price range of that service? 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Most people sharpen their own blades, but it can be done for you if you find a local shop.  I've never paid to have my blades sharpened so I'm no help.

You can also buy a new blade if you don't want to sharpen yours:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-20-in-Mower-Blade-AB2000/205299371
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,508 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Dull blade most likely, and the grass is building up under the deck and is vibrating probably, this causes it to overload, you will have to walk slower, and push down on the push handle to lift the deck up, this will allow for clippings to leave the deck avoiding buildup.

Is the underside of the deck coved in grass?
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

박용진, cutting wet grass is a bad idea, it causes the grass to build up under the mower. To add to what was suggested above, try cleaning out any grass from under the mower. If it goes back to operating normally when cutting dry grass then you know what the problem was. :-)
(Edited)
Photo of Karen Crosby

Karen Crosby

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sometimes I have to mow wet grass on the west side of my house, as it never dries in the summer, but I stop and clear out the grass stuck under it often. I keep a plastic grocery bag tied on the mower for this use, to use as a 'glove' to keep my hand clean as I clear it out. There is a lot of shade due to houses near together, so that part of my yard never dries very often.