When are the new batteries available?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

When are the 2.5, 5, and 7.5 amp batteries due out? 
Photo of Carroll Rinehart

Carroll Rinehart

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,068 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Carroll, soon!  We anticipate them being available this summer.  Once we have an exact date, we'll update you here.  
Photo of Oleg Obukhov

Oleg Obukhov

• 1,288 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Do you have any info about prices?

Prices are still forthcoming.  We know everyone is very anxious. We promise to keep you up to date!
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

• 826 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hi Jennifer,

Do you know if the batteries will be available in Canada too ?

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jean-Guy, at this time, unfortunately, Home Depot Canada decided not to carry the different amperage batteries. :(
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,018 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jennifer, if someone in Canada was to purchase one of the new batteries from an authorized retailer in the U.S., would they be eligible for warranty coverage?

Hi Blue, yes, absolutely!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,018 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's great news! Ego should consider making that known since a lot of companies treat their U.S. and Canada sales as separate warranty entities to discourage cross border shopping.

Great idea.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Photo of Todd Fewer

Todd Fewer

• 60 Points
can you tell me who the athorized dealers are in Washington state...im in Vancouver Canada and would like to purchase the 5amp ore 7.5 amp batts
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
In store it would be Home Depot.
Photo of Joseph

Joseph

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do Canadian customers purchase there new batteries?  I am too far from the border.  Thanks.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Update? It's important that the battery's out before most of the mowing season is over. Otherwise most are just going to wait to see what's out there come March 2016.

Rob, the 2.5 Ah battery is now listed on homedepot.com and available for purchase.  http://thd.co/1Ksru6Z The 5.0 and 7.5 Ah battery are currently pending but should follow very shortly.  We'll keep you posted as they start to arrive.
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

Thanks.  I am really interested in the price of the 7.5ah really.  The others won't do me any good.  If my front and back yards aren't cut in a week, I go through both the 4ah batteries I have presently. 

I just hope it isn't $400-$450 just for a battery though.

(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

When you mentioned that the larger batteries were pending, I took it as being a matter of hours before they show up. They haven't at this point. Are we talking days here? I'm thinking that the proces of those batteries should be known by now since the smallest one was actually posted on the sote for sale. Sorry just a little anxious.

Rob, we are looking at days, not hours.  We know how incredibly anxious everyone is.  We promise, it's not us that's delaying the posting, it's just a little more complicated when we post something on Home Depot's website.  We thank you and everyone for their patience.
Photo of Rob

Rob

Sorry about the spelling. I'm using an iPad and the edit feature doesn't work with it.
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I guess I am either fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you look at it as my yard is small. The 2.0ah for the string trimmer and blower and the 4.0ah for the mower are all that I need.

All, the 5.0 Ah battery is now available for sale on homedepot.com here: http://thd.co/1QytnWY
Photo of Rob

Rob

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 7.5ah battery price still not up on Home Depot's site.

I'm wondering why since both the 2.5ah and 5.0ah batteries are listed there now for sale.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Do you think Ego will ever bundle the 5.0 Ah battery with the mower instead of the 4.0?

Kevin, that's a good question.  It's not in our plans at the moment for Home Depot but Midwest Mower Pro (one of our distributors) is selling the mower with the 5.0 Ah battery included.  Here's a link: http://bit.ly/1MWStJr
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Jennifer! 
Photo of Rob

Rob

They show that they are selling the mower with the 5.0ah battery but the run time is still only 45 minutes.  Should advertised run time not be more than the 45 mins that was on the box that came with the 4.0ah battery?

Hello all, the 7.5Ah battery is now available on homedepot.com.  It should be in stock online very shortly.  Here's a link:  http://thd.co/1NtgUxT

This battery is now in stock and available for purchase!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.