When are you going to offer a solar powered charger ?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
When are you going to offer a solar powered charger so i can charge my batteries using the power of the sun!?? It would be great for landscapers who want to switch to all of your great products tgo get the job done!
Photo of Thomas Vlahoff

Thomas Vlahoff

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It looks like the new inverter will be solar compatible and it also acts as a battery charger so maybe that will be the way EGO is going to go with the solar idea.
Photo of Robby

Robby

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
@Mike Is there anything specific that makes you say that? From my read of the manual, it looks like you could power the inverter with a 12V=>56V DC-DC step-up converter. I don't see any indication of whether it could trickle charge off of a solar connection though (i.e. no idea what the minimum amperage is, or how much current is utilized in overhead).
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Just wishful thinking, Robby. All we can do is wait and see how the solar will be implemented in this.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's kind of an open rumor at this point. A couple of the reputable YouTube tool review channels that had the Power Station early said a solar charger for it was in the works.
Photo of William

William

• 60 Points
Any updates? Official?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
nothing new or official
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

William, EGO keeps any sort of new product or product update releases very close to the vest so there likely won't be anything until you start to see things show up through the usual retail channels which will then trigger some threads here.Since yard care season is pretty much in full swing now, it probably won't be this part of this year. We could hope for a fall/winter release or maybe something next year. 
Photo of gregory paul

gregory paul

• 60 Points
Nexus Power Station - when it has solar a connection then I will buy it.

(Edited)