wheel drive Motor won't change speeds

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I have a 21" self propelled Ego mower and the drive motor for the wheels only run in high speed.
will not change when I move the speed selector switch. Has anyone else out there has had this problem.
Photo of Joseph Castro

Joseph Castro

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes it has this issue been reported by some users.  Unfortunately you will need a repair.  Fortunately your mower is likely still under Ego's 5 year warranty.

Call Ego CS - 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday). to establish your warranty service and get info on repair choices near you.  If there happens to be a long hold time when you call, try calling when they first open to minimize any wait.

If your repair options are HD repair centers and you have several around you (no uncommon in high population areas) call them directly before you go and ask if any of them are willing to make a strong effort to repair the mower in house and not send it off for a repair (which can be time consuming). 

Let us know how it goes.

***If you happen to be within the first 90 days of your purchase from HD (1 year with a HD cc) you can just return it to HD for a replacement.
Photo of Bruce Eyler

Bruce Eyler

• 60 Points
I have the exact issue with mine and I am waiting for the mowing season to end before I take it into Home Depot. The Ego customer service rep seemed to think it would have to be sent to Georgia for repair and could take 6-8 weeks. Good luck to you and please post if HD is able to resolve in store.
(Edited)