Whats with this deceit in EGO 'deals' newsletters ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Hedge Trimmer Sale

Recently came across this email from EGO, and when I clicked on the very ad, which claims $30 off, the HD page showed that price as a $10 saving. What gives ?? (Anyhoo, I have this Trimmer, and it is awesome)
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

• 1,874 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Probably a markdown and a sale. Deceit is a strong word. It's still 30.00 off the 199.99 price tag....
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Looks like a HD typo.
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

I see $179 as the 'WAS' price, where do you see $199
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

It has been 199.00 for the last 3 years. That's what I am referring to. I do not see it in the picture.
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

so you dont see the price $179 ?? I am starting to doubt the leg. here
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nope, I see $199, which is what it's been for a while on the kit with the 2.0 Ah battery. The only issue I recall with this sale was that it took HD a day or so to update their website to reflect the sale.
(Edited)
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

I am sorry..I love you guys (the support..here...ONLY)...but I do not see $199 anywhere...whether it is a typo or crap I DONT care...we are the consumers and dont like to be gypped !! 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

If the tool has consistently been $199 and it's on sale for $30 off and the sale price correctly reflects that, you're not getting "gypped" just because some minimum wage keyboard jockey at Home Depot made a typo when entering the "was" price.

Do you not have better things to do than to complain about a typo when the actual sale price is correct? Were you planning on buying the hedge trimmer this weekend and somehow now you're not?

I sincerely doubt that.
(Edited)
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

and, Jacob, if you dont see it in the pic, maybe you can gander at their site ??
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

aaaand...lets wait for the mod to close this convo so there are no more comments...what a suck fest this has been...they keep closing out conversations when it is negative to EGO....WTF
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Negative is fine, and there is plenty of criticism on this forum, but troll posts using crude language that sound like they were written by a 14-year-old probably should be shut down. Use your big-boy words.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Sorry twitteroo. But this is the worst complaint I have ever read on any website. I don't understand why your still talking about this.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 11,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
HD originally listed this item at 199.  When Ego sent out the email initially, I clicked on the link and HD had it listed "on sale" for 179 instead of the 169 EGO had claimed.  (I also saw a post about THAT, and EGO said that HD had been notified of the pricing mistake and would be fixing it.)

Then HD changed the sale price to 169 to match what EGO had sent in the email originally (Perhaps that is why they have the "WAS" price at 179 instead of the 199 original from a few days ago.)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,028 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Went to HD this weekend and purchased an HT for $30 off the normal price - great deal !

For some reason the barcode would not scan and ring up and it took 5-7 minutes for the checker to get it to work. She then said to me I took $25 off your bill for the inconvenience.   Wow - now a fantastic deal !  Computer glitches - what are you going to do.  I guess something to be said for waiting patiently and being understanding while having a somewhat frustrated look on your face.

Didn't have a project to use it on - more of a purchase for the fall, but did do a quick trim on one bush that was looking a bit wild.  Seemed to work very well.

Went online this morning and registered and uploaded my receipt all in a couple minutes,  Could not have been easier.

Side benefit - looking forward to using the slow charger to put less stress on my 7.5 from my mower.

And I was surprised the 2.0 battery had a 3/2017 date on it.  I assumed they stopped making the 2.0 (replaced by 2.5) and part of the reason for the sale was getting rid of the 2.0 stock.  But, I guess that is not the case.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
szwoopp - make sure you use that battery soon. My 2.5 from my string trimmer with the same date started flashing green this weekend (called EGO and new battery is on it's way). I only charged the battery twice and the first time was out of the box.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.