what is the predicted life of the battery?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of jason

jason

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thank you for your excellent question.  You may know that battery life is usually measured in terms of recharge cycles. It is nearly impossible to predict the number of cycles your battery will produce because of varying environmental conditions. We do have a 3 (three) year warranty on all batteries and chargers, so you can feel confident knowing your battery will be protected in the unlikely event that it doesn’t function properly in those first three years of ownership.

(Edited)
Photo of mackintire

mackintire

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've deleted my previous post as I now know what to ask to get a direct answer.

Is the battery pack made up of  (14) 4 Volt cells?   If not please state the number of cells and cell voltage used. 

(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your question. Yes, our EGO Power+ 56V Battery 2.0 Ah is comprised of 14 4-volt cells. The EGO Power+ 56V Battery 4.0 Ah is comprised of 28 4-volt cells and will run approximately twice as long as the 2.0 Ah battery.

(Edited)
Photo of mackintire

mackintire

So... basically here are all the answers if you can do the math:  http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
Photo of jason

jason

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
after a little research, I have learned that lithium ion batteries last longer when recharged often and that you shouldn't wait until they are fully discharged. with proper care, they should last a long time.
Photo of Leah

Leah

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
What is the lifespan of the 56v battery, assuming mowing 45min 1x each week for 5 months?.

56v Battery Lifespan
Photo of mackintire

mackintire

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Charge/discharge cycles?.

How many complete charge/discharge cycles is the 4Ah battery rated for?
Photo of David Darveau

David Darveau

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How long do you expect the battery to be good? Does it need to be replaced after ....
Photo of G

G

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is the estimated life of the battery?.

Can you tell me the estimated life of the battery? The approximate $200 replacement cost is giving me second thoughts about purchasing the backback blower if I am looking at replacing the battery in just a few years as I have had to do with other battery powered tools.
Thank you
Photo of Robert Bigras

Robert Bigras

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is the life expectancy of the battery in the Ego mower/ When does it need t....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.