What about service for the mower?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Your EGO mower will require very little routine service. Remember: there are no fuel lines, spark plugs, carburetors, filters, engine oil, etc. to worry about. Generally, you will just need to keep the blade sharp, lubricate the wheels once a season, and keep the underside of the deck clear of built up clippings. Please see the manual or contact us for additional information. If you experience any problems with your mower, simply contact us here or by phone and we will help you obtain any service you need.  
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Julie

Julie

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have had a bad experience with another electric/battery lawn mower that I bought where everything was OK until there was something not working.  The customer service from that company is next to nil and I have no way of getting information on how to get my mower running.  Needless to say, that company will not be getting any more of my business.  So I am being very careful about buying a product for which I can not get service locally or at least detailed customer assistance on what to do.  Would you say that you would be able to fulfill that need?  For instance, if the mower needs repair or a part and I bought it a Home Depot, would I take it to Home Depot for service?

Julie, you raise a very good and valid point. We are currently in the process of finalizing arrangements for the service centers for our EGO Power+ mower. If something should happen to your mower in the meantime, you would simply need to contact us via email or over the phone and we would take care of you from here. Depending on the situation, an in-stock replacement part would be sent to you or, in the very unlikely event that your mower stops working altogether, a replacement mower would be sent to you at no cost. We stand fully behind all of our tools and want you to be able to use your EGO Power+ tools!  As soon as the service centers are finalized, we will update everyone with their locations and further details. 

(Edited)
Photo of Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson

• 644 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
According to Home Depot, if the Ego mower breaks, I can take the mower back to Home Depot with-in 90 days of purchase.  After that, they said that I should contact Ego to identify an "authorized service center".    Is there a list of Service Centers yet? 

For most of the plastic parts, the part numbers are shown on Page 32 on the exploded diagram.  I assume that we can order replacement parts for those directly from Ego?   or from an Authorized Service Center. 
(Edited)
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your input.  See my answer above in my reply to Jennifer the EGO rep.
(Edited)
Photo of Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson

Thank you Julie, I can understand that EGO is still arranging for authorized service centers.  

And what about the latter part of my question:   can we order the various parts shown in the exploded diagram on Page 32 directly from Ego?     It appears that Ego went to a lot of trouble to create this diagram and list the part numbers.  These are the various plastic parts that will break as part of normal wear-and-tear after several years.

Scott, thanks for your comment and concern. All replacement parts in the exploded diagram are available directly with our customer service department.  You can order them directly by calling us at 1-855-346-5656.  We're available Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST. (We are also working on posting all parts on our website but until then, we have them all in stock and ready for you now over the phone!)
Photo of kavok

kavok

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Ego Service Centers?.

Do you have a list of Ego service centers and hours? We have another electric lawnmower that has recently stopped working. Getting repair work done on it is a pain as the closest service center is about 50 minutes away and the hours are extremely limited. 

As Scott mentioned in the other thread, we are still working on posting a list of service centers.  Please call our customer service department if you need anything before we've posted the appropriate list of service centers.  If you ever need a part that isn't listed on the parts list or something happens that cannot be resolved with a replacement part, that's when you would be referred to a service center.  We hope this helps for now.
Photo of Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson

Here is the "other thread" that Jennifer referred to.   That thread was merged into this thread since it was a duplicate question:

http://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/ego_service_centers

Ha ha!  Thanks Scott. I meant to include that link in my original comment.
Photo of kavok

kavok

Can someone supply a link to the exploded parts diagram mentioned in this thread?
Photo of Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson

It is the Ego mower manual.  The link on the mower page:

http://egopowerplus.com/products/mower

Then click on Manuals.

Then click on Mower User Manual.

Page 32 has the exploded parts diagram.

Scott

The direct-dial URL is here, but is probably subject to change.  So I would assume that the above method is more generic:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262/2513/files/Mower_User_Manual.pdf?52535

For those interested, we do have service centers in place in the US & Canada (we are even adding more as we type this).  For any service inquiries, please give us call at 1-855-346-5656 so that we can help direct you.
Photo of Judy Ferraiolo

Judy Ferraiolo

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
All your service centers require that I pick up the mower put it in a car and drive it to the location.  I am a senior citizen and can't lift the lawn mower and don't have a car.  We have plenty of repair shops in my area that will repair electric motors and will come to me but none of them are Ego certified.  I may just call a non certified repair shop and either get the motor repaired (will not start - battery fine).  If they can't repair the motor, American Express will reimburse me. Only problem the mower is less than a year old( purchased about 10 months ago) under warrenty and I would have to pay for the repairs.  I went and ordered a rotary mower.  Will never buy an electric mower again.  They are to temperamental.
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Judy, thank you for your post; and we are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your mower. We completely understand your situation of not being able to get to get to a service center, so I will be giving you a call directly sometime this morning to assist you further and provide an alternative solution. I look forward to speaking with you.
Photo of madhavan ramanujam

madhavan ramanujam

• 60 Points

Hi Denisa

I was almost to purchase the EGO at Home Depot at Lewis center, OH. When I enquired for service spport, they told me that they will help only for first 90 days . after that We need get in touch with EGo directly. Also understand that nearer Service center only in the state of Illinois.

after hearing this we stopped buying EGo

Do you have service center near to Columbus area of Ohio ?

Pl confirm

Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I too would like to know where all the service centers are.  Can you guys post a list of them?  I don't feel I should have to report a problem to customer service just to be able to know where the service centers are.  If it matters, I'm in North Carolina. 
(Edited)
Photo of Susanonymous

Susanonymous

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I, too, am considering buying an EGO mower. Yes, the service issue is important to me as well.  Inevitably there will be a problem that the warranty doesn't address  or something.  I see you are in Geneva Illinois. Do you provide service there? I live in the vicinity.

Susan, all EGO service is currently handled by the Home Depot.  Before taking anything in, be sure to give our customer service team a call at 1-855-346-5656 so we can make sure you actually need service and not a part we could easily send along to you.  We do not provide service at our office location in Geneva, IL.
Photo of David

David

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Canadian Warranty Service.

I am interested in purchasing the Ego Lawn Mower and some accessories but was told by my local Home Depot that Ego does not currently have any repair/service centers in Canada.  In the event that the mower requires physical service, what do I have to do?
  • Ship it to repair center in US? (if so, who pays for shipping & what it the approximate turn-around time)
  • Exchange (i.e. return to Home Depot with RMA)
  • RMA exchange (Ego ships re-furb unit to me with instructions to return defective unit)
From the various reviews and posts in the forums, it appears as though Ego has built a very impressive device and I would hate to have worries about the added expense of having to ship the lawn mower to the US in the event of a problem.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.