What specific size cotter pin is used for the EGO Power+ 8" Edger Attachment EA0800?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
What specific size cotter pin is used for the EGO Power+ 8" Edger Attachment EA0800?
Photo of Geoff Hall

Geoff Hall

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 7,416 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The owners manual does not specify either than 2 are provided. If you're replacing a broken one, match the size up or even go up in size as long as it fits through the hole, but don't go down a size.
Photo of Geoff Hall

Geoff Hall

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, the manual does not specify the size. I misplaced the two extra supplied ones and I don't have ready access to a nearby hardware store nor wish the inconvenience of hauling the unit into one to figure it out.

I need to know the proper size so I may place an order online. I could get a multi-size pack but it seems wasteful to spend more for what I don't need.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 47,900 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I know that a replacement blade comes with extra cotter pin. You might likely need a new blade at some point so that could be a way to get the correct size cotter pin. 
However, I have no idea what the correct size pin is.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 7,416 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Geoff, I know I'm not alone when it comes to stocking lots of small parts, especially if you're a DIYer. I have small parts bins with literally thousands of various parts sorted and labelled. These parts cost little compared to time wasted making a trip to the hardware store, not to mention gas. Anytime I need a part I don't already have, I specifically buy multi-packs so that I would have it next time.