What products are available and acceptable to apply to the underside of the deck to reduce grass sticking?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I clean the EGO Power+ mower?

I have had the mower for 1yr now, but my grass really sticks to the underside of the deck.  Can I use silicone or some other coating to ease the regular clean up?
Photo of Glenn Dubin

Glenn Dubin

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 116,054 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
(Edited)
Photo of Glenn Dubin

Glenn Dubin

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, I will give that a try and report back!  Thanks for the link too!
Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 3,522 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Also Glenn, whenever possible, try to mow later in the day when the grass is drier.
I know this makes a huge difference in my area (humid SW Florida) because of the morning dew.

Bob
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It causes less stress to the lawn to mow when grass is not wet. Generally speaking, late afternoon and early evening are nice times to mow.

I like to use a paste wax, not a car wax, like one uses in woodworking. Johnson makes a nice product that is sold at the Home Depot. One can will last a really long time.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 15,216 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,680 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I applied a paste car wax (Maguiars) to mine this year. I mowed for the first time today. Some grass still stuck because it was still pretty wet (I couldn’t wait any longer). What did stick wiped right off, though, down to the bare plastic. The wax definitely did its job.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.