What is the next product? My vote is for grinder

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old

I already have a mower, trimmer and a blower. Now that I am all set in chargers/batteries department, I need more equipment to use them in. Is there any new product planned? I already have a drill, so I will pass on that one. Grinder, reciprocating saw, portable pump, compressor  anyone?
Photo of Mikhail

Mikhail

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I want an electric garden cart. Like 1000lb capacity. It would have to senses the handles pull direction and propell based on the pull force. That would be sweet. Replace wheel barrels.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Or a yard vacuum. Not like a blower/vac, a yard vacuum on wheels.
Photo of Mikhail

Mikhail

I like the vacuum idea. Easy to make, useful. And I am sorry, I have to reject the electric wheelbarrow idea- we start approaching Tesla scale here.
One more thing that is asking to be Egopowered is a nail gun.

No, seriously, Ego Power, is there any tool's purchase we should put off and wait for your product?
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for all of your suggestions.  We changed this to an idea for easier tracking on our side.  Keep them coming!  We love feedback!
Photo of KhMeRA

KhMeRA

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am looking to by Battery powered snow blower. I am looking in to snow  Joe Ion 40V. I already have ego mower and blower I wish ego make snow blower. 
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No snow blower yet but we are working on a lot of new tools for next year.  Stay tuned here and you'll be one of the first to know about our newest tool releases.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,328 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Market segment is tight with competition, EGO has to hold their cards close to their chest so that nothing leaks out until release.

How about the Edger....
Photo of Mikhail

Mikhail

Great idea! I, personally, can go without it here in Houston for a while, but I would not mind having it just in case global warming makes a wrong turn somewhere.

One more- superpowered LED flashlight.
(Edited)
Photo of KhMeRA

KhMeRA

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not sure if Ego in process making one. Can anyone tell me?
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 60 Points
For gods sake please make a vacuum cleaner. Instant purchase.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I still think a vacuum is an excellent idea.  With that battery it could provide a LOT of power for 10 to 15 minutes.  I would want a small shop vac design for hardwood floors or take out to my cars.

A canister type vac would be most desirable.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

I have a hoover air cordless, works great. But i want an EGO vacuum. One that is an upright and becomes a portable. Take out those stupid dyson vacuums.
Photo of Grant

Grant

• 60 Points
I want to see the new Lawn mower have wheels that capture the energy from spinning to provide more power
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

That would mean resistance in the wheels.  With the weight of the mower, the wheels would probably just skid, or if you want just a little energy, the output power with very little resistance would be next to nothing.  That is why the Prius and other Electric vehicles use "generators" as the brakes because the they provide excellent resistance. 
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Its called regenative braking, It would be the opposite of self propelled. Now on the other hand, i have always thought it would be good to use overload to trigger resistance in wheel motors to cause this same effect, charge the battery, along with control the rate of speed that the mower goes. The only area that this would help is on sloped yards. Of course it also makes the mower self propelled.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Already been done:

:-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.