What is the difference between the LB4800 and the LB4801?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I have an LB4800 and just noticed in the November 2015 issue of Consumer Reports that they gave a CR Best Buy rating for the LB4801.

What is the difference between the LB4800 and the LB4801?
Photo of Bruce D Ranger

Bruce D Ranger

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The only difference is that one is a kit with battery the other one was the mower alone
Photo of Bruce D Ranger

Bruce D Ranger

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the answer to my blower question.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Lol. I just know that one is with battery and one without. I answered on the way to lunch. Sorry!

Let me add that it is an amazing blower. I blow a lot of small rocks and debris off of the road in front of my house. It produces a lot of volume
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
SCDC is correct.  LB4801 refers to the blower with a battery and charger included.  LB4800 refers to the blower only.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

On all products is the numbering scheme the same? Ending in 01 is the tool with battery? Thanks.
Photo of Robert

Robert

• 62 Points
Correct? I have 4800 and came with battery and charger?  Am confused by your comment?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,018 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It sounds to me like you got a free battery and charger or you just got the wrong box... wait, are you looking at the number on the blower or the number on the box?

Robert, we don't mean to be confusing.  If your box says LB4801, that means you should have gotten a blower, charger and battery.  If the box says LB4800, you should have gotten just the blower.  The numbering system "01" vs. "00" refers only to the packaging and SKU that Home Depot uses.  All EGO Power+ Blowers should say LB4800 on the label of the tool.  Hope this helps!
Photo of Thomas Gawlas

Thomas Gawlas

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I bought the LB4800 EGO blower about 3 weeks ago and it is already out of commission.  The screen on the bottom air intake on the unit  allows debris to enter too easily.  A small branch got sucked into the machine and ruined the turbo fan...it shattered into small pieces.   I really do like the blower...it really does a great job but I think the screen needs a redesign.  Not sure if it can repaired or not?   Need to make a few of phone calls.         

Thomas, we are sorry to hear about your blower. However, your blower is covered by our 5 year warranty.  Give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 and we'll help get you taken care of.  Repair or replacement will be determined once we speak to you.  A copy of your receipt may be requested.  We look forward to hearing from you.
Photo of Thomas Gawlas

Thomas Gawlas

Thank you for the fast response...I will be calling very soon!
Photo of Thomas Gawlas

Thomas Gawlas

Jennifer....Thank you very much for the excellent customer service.  I received my replacement unit today.  EGO rocks...!!