What is the deal with the ba4200 battery price??!!

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

This does not make sense!  to me!  HomeDepot Pricing:

$549 LM2102SP 21" Self-Propelled mover, with BA4200 Battery & Rapid Charger.

$435 BA4200 Battery
$99   Rapid Charger
=================
$534 total (or in other words, the mower is only $15!!)

Are these batteries, in such short supply, that they cost more than the entire mower set??!!
Or is home depot, not advertising correctly?  What gives?

I'd love to buy the LM2102SP...  but if I'm going to have to pay over $400, for a spare battery...
Well - that does not make sense.  For that kind of money, i can buy a riding mower!
Photo of michael perry

michael perry

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,568 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Who knows. Whenever I need a new battery for my drill kits, I generally find it cheaper to buy a kit. Why is this the norm for all companies?
Photo of Troutboy

Troutboy

• 1,008 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
You don't need a spare. Battery for the mower unless you have a really high acreage lawn. How big is your lawn?
Photo of michael perry

michael perry

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've got an acre, but it rains everyday in summer, anyway, so I guess I'll mow inpieces, until the price comes down on this new tech.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,548 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah that's ALOT to mow at once buddy. Trust me. When I used my ego mower I mowed every night for like 1.5 hrs to 2. I have over an acre or actual grass to cut so it takes roughly 7 to 8 hours total. Battery changes are a blessing with this much grass because it let's ya take a break for a little bit. It's great exercise
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,548 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Also. I have three 5 ah and one 4 ah battery.

When i first started mowing, I used a 4 ah and two 2 ah batteries and could now forever without stopping. Just keep the batteries charging. Since they charge so fast it worked. I have the 20" mower and it's not self propelled. So that saves alot on battery useage.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 63,452 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well you could do the same type of calculation starting with the bare tool mower cost and come up with a resulting super cheap battery.

Bottom line is combo kits of all types are much cheaper than purchasing products as separate pieces.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 49,894 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think everybody agrees the 7.5 Ah battery is too expensive. And while you don't have to have a spare battery, if you were going to buy a second battery most people find the 5.0 Ah battery to be the sweet spot for price and run time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.