What Is The Charge / Discharge Cycle Duty Rating For The 28 Ah Commercial Backpack Battery (BAX1501)?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am considering buying into the Ego Power+ platform for commercial use, and am weighing the pros / cons of purchasing individual tool batteries vs. the large 28 Ah commercial backpack battery (BAX1501) in combination with the ADB1000 adapter.

One of the considerations impacting my decision is the expected charge / discharge cycle duty rating for each battery type. Ego has made this information terribly hard to track down, as no mention of it is made in either the product manual for either battery type or the actual product listings on the Ego or Home Depot websites.

I plan on authoring a different question / thread specific to the cycle duty rating of the individual 2.0/2.5/5.0/7.5 Ah batteries so as not to muddy the waters. Thus, the below two questions are specific to the charge / discharge cycle duty rating of the BAX1501:

1. What is Ego's official claim regarding the # of expected cycle/discharge cycles?
  2. What percentage of original battery capacity will remain at that point?
I've encountered a variety of conflicting data on the point to date in my own research, which I've summarized below:

• While Ego's BAX1501 product page does not reference life cycle expectancy, the excerpt for the BAX1501 as listed on Ego's landing page for the Commercial Series lineup states "the high-quality cells can handle up to 1,000 charge cycles." — https://egopowerplus.com/commercial
Information on this topic that others may have obtained from either empirical evidence or their own research would be most welcome.
Photo of schwartzy18510

schwartzy18510

• 738 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Confused

Posted 5 months ago

Be the first to post a reply!