what is best way to make turns with the lawn mower

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
I'm using the Ego lawn mower and am not used to real wheel drive.  What is the best way to make a turn at the end of a strip
Photo of charles

charles

• 72 Points

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Pete Innes

Pete Innes

• 3,026 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Release the power to the rear wheels and turn then power up again. If the mower has the plastic drive gears and you power through tight turns, it will eventually strip the teeth off the gears
Photo of Alan Moore

Alan Moore

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I disengage the drive to make the turns.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Release the self propel just before the turn, tilt front up a tad to ease the turn on free moving rear wheels, line up, reengage the self propel, all the while leaving the motor running. This is exactly how I did a Honda gas self propel.
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 7,336 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Depends if you have space for the handle to make a U turn. Sometimes it helps to make a lap around the yard first and then mow....Sometimes even two laps are required to make an easy turn. Powering in and then turning off power to turn is right but sometimes a three point turn is necessary. Powering through a really sharp turn will most likely leave you in a bad position for your next pass plus will most likely be unnecessarily hard on the transmision.