What happened to the LM2142SP message thread?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Why was the thread deleted?
Photo of Turbojetta

Turbojetta

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,416 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hmmmmm. Good point..........
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 29,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That's twice that a thread with that subject has disappeared. When I search for the topic on Google, there is a result that links back to here but I get a "you don't have permission to view the content", or words to that effect, message on this site. Maybe it's not an officially released product yet and Ego is trying to keep it as quiet as possible? I never even knew about RCPW until I came to this site and they seem to be the only ones who have it.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 4,466 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 29,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Check this out. When I click on the link you provided. Note the red bar at the top.
Maybe it's just me...

Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Maybe it works for me since I am the OP.  I just posted something in that thread as well...
Photo of Turbojetta

Turbojetta

I posted to the thread yesterday, than it looks like it was deleted. Maybe the mod didn’t appreciate the link to the manual I came across. I won’t post the link again, but if you go to the igocordless site (Canadian distributor), they have a product page with specs and the manual.
Photo of George

George

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Maybe they don't want people to stop buying the older models because they know a new one is around the corner and they're trying to keep the info down to a minumum?

When I looked at the manual, it looked like the same blade is being used that I read a lot of complaints about. So I'm wondering what the biggest improvement will even be, runtime?
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Lets start Ego discussions on other forums where Ego staff dont have jurisdiction.  It sucks that the people in here (paying customers, fans of the brand) get cut off this way without any sort of explanation.  No respect at all...
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,416 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I think your getting a little too butt hurt about this. They are just probably wrapping things up and don't want a ton of people whining about when they can get the new mower. Probably no disrespect. Probably no sinister motives.
Photo of Turbojetta

Turbojetta

Butt hurt is a bit much, I was just wondering why it was removed. Forums obviously need a level of moderation, but deleting helpful threads when the information is already being disseminated to retailers seems a censor too far. Heck, YouTube videos of customers with the units exist. Being secretive with your most engaged customers when the information is already in the wild isn’t the right approach to maintain the strong brand following EGO enjoys.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.