Weight: 15" String Trimmer with Rapid Reload Head and Straight Shaft ST1502F

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

What is the weight of the 15 inch string trimmer using the lightest weight battery ECO battery available?  (I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it in the list of questions.)
Photo of EGO fan

EGO fan

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Hal

Hal

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Here,
This info is directly from the product manuals, which are on line. Get up off your chair.

15 in trimmer-Weight (Without battery pack)
6.7 lb. (3.04Kg)

Battery 56v 2.0 amp-BA1120: 2.77 lb. (1.26kg)

I trust you can add the two together on your own.........:)
Photo of Ed

Ed

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Rude! Enough to send me to Husqvarna.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 60,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ed. Note that this thread is a year old and Hal hasn't posted much, if anything, since then. Although this is listed as an Official Response, pretty much everyone here is not an EGO employee and are just users posting our experiences and trying to help. Hoping Hal's information is taken as helpful and you can look past the rest of it. EGO tools are definitely worth considering.
(Edited)
Photo of EGO fan

EGO fan

Silly me, thinking it would be in the specs.
Photo of Hal

Hal

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
chuckle...
Photo of Jim Krut

Jim Krut

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So, it seems the ST1501-S  with battery is about 9 lbs., if my math is correct. This is with the 56v  2.5 amp battery. And, I understand the run time is about 45 minutes for average work. Does this model also come with the 56v 5 amp battery, and if so, what would be the weight and average run time? The ST1501-S is available at my local Home Depot, but I'm assuming the 1502 or a model with the heavier-duty battery must be ordered online for delivery? Thanks for your help!
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes, I've been abbreviating rapid reload as "RR".

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We deleted your duplicates, Egocentric :-)
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,308 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks,  not sure why that happens.  
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,058 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, I've been having the same problem with duplicates.
Photo of Amber F.

Not sure about the reason behind the duplicates, but we’re here all the time so it’s no problem to remove them. :-)
Photo of Piggy

Piggy

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
EGO, an optional shoulder strap could help those who need the help:)
Although I must say, it's very light even with a 2ah or 2.5ah battery. It's not the weight that's going to test your muscles. It's the shear power that's going to get your arms shaking. After 40 minutes of the trimmer, my arms could sometimes be shaking more than the trimmer itself.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,656 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Piggy, it is available on line at Home Depot and Amazon for purchase.  Free would have been nice, but the price is not too bad ... :-)

https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-AP1500-Lithium-Ion-Brushless/dp/B01HPMQEXM/ref=sr_1_8?s=lawn-garden...

Photo of Tom Jacques

Tom Jacques

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I love it but wife says it's too heavy, my smallest battery is a 5.0. Gonna buy the strap and see if that helps. Up until know she did the trimming with our old B&D corded trimmer that by by guess weighs about 3 or 4 pounds less. It's not entirely the weight, but the over length of the EGO. Not a complaint but an observation.
Photo of Amber F.

Please let us know whether or not the strap helps her.
Photo of EGO fan

EGO fan

I played around with one at Home Depot and realized it was too heavy for me.  I will say that the weight is well-balanced, but just too much weight for me to be holding for an extended period. And the shaft is too long for my short stature. As much as I love the Ego company and the mower, I ended up buying the Ryobi One+ Hybrid String Trimmer.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I had the same concerns for my elderly parents, specifically that the extra weight and length would make it unweidly for them.  They gave it a try but it was too much, so I bought a Black and Decker which runs on a 20v battery, and the length is easily adjustable.  Of course it's not as powerful as the Ego, but for some users slightly smaller length and less weight are a better fit.

Ego should consider a telescopic design, as well as a lighter model.  Actually they still have the 13" model in Europe, so that just leaves a telescopic length for future projects.  I have a pretty steep hill side, and having the ability to reduce the length by 6" overall would be fantabulous for those steep hikes.
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

• 1,416 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The optional $20 EGO strap really helps carry that weight comfortably!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.