We are trying to order the LM2102SP from Home Depot, but the site states it can't be shipped here? Is that just because it is a new model?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Photo of Brenda Taylor Scott

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Where are you having it shipped to, Brenda?
Jackson Mississippi
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It's not yet available in Langley, BC Canada but I am hopeful that it will be in the next few weeks for the start of the mowing season.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brenda, your best bet would be to contact The Home Depot for shipping and in-stock inquiries.  1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337) is the best number to call.  As far as we know, the mower is shipping countrywide but may be temporarily out of stock.  Please keep us posted on what they say.
Photo of CT

CT

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
do you know how heavy the battery is and how easy it is to get out of the machine for charging - have bad arthritis - thanks CT
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Hi CT,

I think this type of question is always going to be highly subjective. I can say with confidence that most people would not have an issue with the regular 4Ah or 5Ah batteries. The mower has a spring loaded ejector mechanism that helps lift the battery for the first inch or so, making it fairly easy to get the battery free of the contacts and positioned high enough to get a good grip.

However, if you are looking at a mower model with the larger 7.5Ah battery I'm not sure... it will all depend on how easy it is for you to grab the battery, I would think. Your best bet might be to visit your local Home Depot and ask an associate to bring the battery out so you can try it for yourself.

If you do go and try it, please post your feedback here as others at find the information useful!
Photo of CT

CT

Thank you  I will do that as soon as the LM2102SP is available in Canada
Photo of Harry

Harry

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I'm 70 and have arthritis in my hands as well. Picking up heavy things is a problem sometimes. I found that the spring in the mower ejects the battery (the big one) high enough to set a decent grip on it and make it relatively easy to remove. The biggest problem that I've had is getting the battery out of the charger. I cannot lift it as it's difficult to dislodge. I am now unplugging the charger and inverting it to remove the battery.; a bit of a pain but it works.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Thanks for the feedback, Harry.

Perhaps someone from the Ego team can comment on my idea... what about leaving the charger laying flat on its back and holding it in place with screws using the keyhole slots in the charger's back? This way you could simply pull on the battery with both hands to remove it, and press with both hands to install it?

The charger and battery are both fan cooled, so I'm not sure if the orientation of the charger would be an issue or not? I wouldn't think so, but maybe Ego can verify that?

The standard charger is designed to lay flat like that...
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Blue,  It's a good idea and probably the only fix for the current generation.  In the future I would like spring loaded so the battery just pops up and easily slides out.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I was thinking about the spring loaded charger thing, and was thinking about something with a push button release... kind of a cantilever deal so you can push a little to get the lighter batteries out, and push harder to get the heavier ones out.

I think this type of arrangement would eliminate the need for locking the battery into place like on the power tools?

We appreciate the feedback on the charger and battery struggles.  While no re-design is planned yet for the charger, we are keeping this in mind for the future.  Since both of the chargers have keyhole slots that are made for mounting so we don't foresee any issues with Blue's idea. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

This is good news! I've been toying with the idea of mounting a charger horizontally, but doing it under a wall mounted cabinet to keep it out of the way.

Thanks Jennifer.
Photo of CT

CT

for people with rheumatoid arthritis, the best solution would be not to have take the battery out to charge but, rather, be able to plug the charger directly into the battery.  I believe it would still have to come out for the winter, but a neighbour could help with that.  Is this feasible?
CT

We don't have something like that but we'll keep that in mind for the future CT.  Thanks for your suggestion.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.