Warranty issues

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
Lack of response except impediments I am still trying to get customer service (read get them to stand behind their warranty) with this company! I have spent over six hours on hold in the last week as they are “doing everything they can to expedite my call”. What a bunch of porcine excrement! I called this morning two minutes after they opened only to be hung up upon over one hour later. They returned my call from my other phone and hung up when I answered on the second ring leaving me a voice mail instead ... all this with four bars! Stay away is my advice! I have a lawn mower was less than two years old when my efforts began last October (yes you read correctly October 2018 - it is now May 2019 and the mower was purchased in March 2017. )
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • ripped off big-time!

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Slaw

Slaw

• 1,076 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Same thing just happened to me. They called me and I told them the issue and they proceeded to hang up on me.
Photo of Slaw

Slaw

I received a call after the initial “hangup.” They we’re having technical issues.
Photo of prasadb

prasadb

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same thing. They ask you to call their support number if you email them. Then they either keep you waiting or have false prompt which suggests they would call you back but never do. I just spent an hour waiting. I haven’t given up yet but if my concerns are not resolved within this week, I plan to take next steps.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I got an email from someone at customer service this morning and they said they're having technical problems and their IT department is working on trying to resolve it.

In the two instances in the past when I needed to call customer service I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes on hold.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
After an additional hour on hold I finally spoke with someone named Sierra or something like that. She was totally disconnected from my plight and did not even express concern or apologize over the frustration of my wait times of over seven hours this week alone. So what did she say? Take it to Home Depot and they will fix it. I am not even slightly optimistic this is anything more than a way for her to get off the phone with me. I have loaded it into my truck again. We’ll see where this goes.
Photo of Marc Blasko

Marc Blasko

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Every time I try to contact them I'm put on hold and I give them my call back number when they call me back I hear a phone ringing and then at this connects if I had known this in advance I never would have purchased this product only reason I got it was Consumer Reports rated at number one I've had nothing but problems I can't even get it to put the grass clippings into the bag or even out of the chute in the back $400 piece of Junk
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,470 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Marc
Did you remove the mulching plug ?
It is in the chute when the mower is shipped.
Photo of Slaw

Slaw

Photo of Slaw

Slaw

I received a call from them earlier and they Are escalating my problem to management. They said I should hear something by Tuesday. I will report back when I know more.
Photo of martin Downs

martin Downs

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
They are normally very good with warranty problems. Saturday is the best to call them.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,174 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It's quite easy to ruin a good company with good products - reputation with stuff like this.....

I've had great luck with them the 4 or 5 times I've called them, but...

Not Ego - but - One of my pet peeves is "Due to high call volume blah blah"  which reads to me as 'NOT ENOUGH CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS".  Caps intended 

A company's product is only as good as the service they provide.

(off soapbox)
(Edited)
Photo of martin Downs

martin Downs

Let’s face it. Batteries are not that good yet. I have problems with the two I have - 56 V. They replaced one. They just don’t last. Get two years.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Meanwhile, I have two batteries with well over three years on them and one with more than four. They all perform like they were new.
Photo of martin Downs

martin Downs

Your lucky.
Photo of martin Downs

martin Downs

Ken, the 2 year old battery- are you getting the same run time as a new one ? I’m getting 1/2 life with the old one. This season will be 3 years.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

As I said, they all perform like they're new.

Sometimes in the spring the runtime on my mower is shorter because the grass is growing like crazy and is usually a bit wet, but that was true when the mower was new.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,174 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@Martin - they will replace it again if you're under the 3 years - imagine you have it registered.  My got to half life and they replaced it willingly and easily
Photo of too

too

• 70 Points
What can I do if I want to replace a defective battery and I can’t find my recite?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

If you didn't register the tool when you bought it, and you bought the tool at Home Depot with a credit or debit card, HD can look up the purchase and print you a duplicate receipt.
Photo of too

too

• 70 Points
If you paid cash does that make a difference?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It'll make it that much harder for HD to find the electronic copy of your receipt. You'll really need to know the date you purchased it, or be really close so the search won't be too tricky.