Wall mounting the 530 blower?

• Question
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • In Progress
Who has a good wall mount solution for the 530 blower? I want to hang it in my garage.
Photo of Steve Doyel

Steve Doyel

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,312 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
William Hanson has spoken very highly of the Gladiator wall mount system. I plan to look into that when I get around to cleaning up my garage. but in the meantime I'm just using a good old-fashioned pegboard, with a double prong going through the part under the hand grip.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I had an L bracket laying around, as well as a screw and a nut. So, I installed the L bracket onto a wall stud and the screw and nut into the L bracket to act as a stop. Blower hangs from it just fine.

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,298 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
2 J hooks a few inches apart.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Steve, I'm partial to the Gladiator Wall System, but there are many brands that are similar. The key is the wall plate and variety of hooks, baskets, hangers, etc. that are used to customize your wall system to your needs. Home Depot and Lowe's has a good assortment to choose from. First measure your walls and sketch how you want to hang your tools and fo your research on their web sites. They are are flexible so you may alter the use easily.
Photo of Steve Doyel

Steve Doyel

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I use Rubbermaid Fasttrack in my garage. I have not found a good hook that works. Especially with the battery in the blower...

William E Hanson

Steve, personally I do not leave batteries in my tools other than the blower that is used daily. Nothing technically wrong with it other than hsbit; however you don't want to leave it in longterm storage. Without the battery, the weight would be significantly lighter. Those hooks are all rated by max Weight recommended.

William E Hanson

Oregon Mike, it's no accident why some experience problems and others don't; being smart is a good thing even if called overly cautious. I always told our daughter when someone calls her chicken to respond with, "it's better than being a dead duck".
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 4,330 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I always ask myself could it hurt if I do this? Could it hurt if I don’t? It’s a possibility it could hurt maybe unlikely to leave them in, but It won’t hurt at all by taking them out. So there is my answer.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,276 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I don't know that I'm "being smart". That seems a bit pejorative toward someone who has a different way of doing things. I think I'll stick with overly cautious. We all have our ways and reasons for doing them.  
Now, if we want to go by the cautions in the manual, it states not to store with battery installed in case of accidental starting of the tool. I realize most of that is to protect EGO (legaleeze), but I want to do it anyway just to keep the batteries so they have airflow around them at all times when not in use.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,190 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I don't like storing my batteries in the tools for all the reasons above --- including the fact it makes the tools lighter and easier to hang up. But it also makes it easier for me to keep track of which batteries I have fully charged.

I have a shelf that's just long enough for all my batteries. The ones that are fully charged and ready to go, I sit with the power button facing up. The ones that are partially discharged have the button facing down. Then I rotate through the batteries, charging them the day before I use them. That way I'm not storing batteries long-term fully charged.
(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,144 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have enough batteries that some of them sit on my workbench by 2 chargers,and other batteries are installed in some of the tools. l make no effort to remove all the batteries from each of the tools,as I see no point in doing so unless said batteries need to be charged.

I can go thru 2 or 3 batteries when using the blower.
(Edited)
Photo of Caleb

Caleb

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Walmart’s HyperTough brand has a wall mounting kit with 2 short book, 2 long hooks, and 1-46”rail to put them all on. $20 and all but my EGO mower is hanging on the wall in good order.