WA Review of 575 CFM Blower

• Article
  • Updated 1 year ago
Workshop Addict has posted a very favorable review of the new 575 CFM blower:

https://www.workshopaddict.com/tools/...

A quote from the review:

"EGO’s battery operated units are nearing the power of high end commercial gas blowers."

And check out the video demonstration of the volleyball lift vs the 40V "commercial" DeWalt blower! What a difference!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 175,852 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
  • Happy Ego is raising the bar before the competition can even catch up!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 50,728 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well the 575 is so very close to their backpack blower that I wonder if they are planning an upgrade to the backpack.  575 Max CFM is amazing.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Since the 575 shares tubes with the 530 and the 600 BP has a larger tube, I'm sure there's room for increases with the BP blower.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,978 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Having experience with EDFs, I will tell you right now that there is room to increase the force to more than 56 Newtons.  Here is a 90mm EDF - the same size as the one in the backpack blower and all of the other EGO blowers for that matter: https://www.falconhobbysupply.com/jp-hobby-jphedf09012s-high-thrust-90mm-12s-edf.html .  Do the math, 600 CFM at 125 mph yields roughly 19 newtons of force. Step the speed of the fan up from about 27,000 RPM to about 44,000 RPM, and you will have a bit over 900 CFM at a bit over 188 mph, and a bit over 43 Newtons of force, which will overpower the Stihl BR-700 and compare with the Husqvarna 580BTS.  That is what you need to do if you want to be with the big gas backpack blowers.  Or at least bring the RPM to about 35,000, which will bring the CFM to 750 and the speed to about 156 mph, and the force to about 30 Newtons, which matches the force of the Husqvarna 560BTS and falls just short of the Stihl BR-600.  Only then can you really say you're with the big boys.
Photo of Arun A

Arun A

• 434 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like the way you're talking lol.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,084 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing that review...I guess I'll have to get one of the bare units soon even though I have one original and two 530s. Plus I have the back pack blower for the bigger jobs.
Ego is literally blowing away the competition.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yuk-yuk! :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
One of the reasons why I bought the EGO backpack blower is the "hand fatigue" I normally get after using the old gas and electric blower.  But on the flip side, having a "powerful" handheld blower available for a quick job is an option to consider.  Based on this report, I might have to give the new 575 CFM a try.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

"I think the fatigue issue with handhelds is more due to countering the thrust than working the controls."

Blue, I just posted a video that shows an easy way to address that problem by redirecting the thrust down a little bit, which will apply a slight upward torque to the front of the blower, which will make it fight you quite a bit less.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Got a link?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

It's over on the 575CFM blower tool in action thread
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm actually going to post it as its own thread.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 16,366 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Cool.   But I'm not sure my arm could stand any more thrust from a blower!  The 530 I have taxes my arm.   I also like the Turbo button because I can pulse it on and off to coral debris into a pile better than if that feature was missing.  To each his own re: the Turbo button.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Agreed 100%. I'm really torn about the new design! I know the throttle lock is going to be absolutely fantastic, but at the same time I COMPLETELY understand why the turbo button was there; to allow the user to use a lower speed just powerful enough to do the job, and selectively use turbo as needed. This approach extends run time dramatically.

With the larger battery I can see it as a worthwhile trade-off for those who don't mind the added weight. However, full throttle on the 575 will deplete a 2Ah or 2.5Ah battery in record time for those who'd rather keep it light.

If the 575 runs for 18 minutes on high with the 5Ah battery, simple math would indicate a 7 minute run time with the 2Ah! Selective turbo could extend that considerably. Can't have it all I guess!

Still, the 575 looks absolutely killer, and whatever things we find "wrong" with it will likely be good problems to have! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Blue,

I love the change.  The shorter run time leaving it on high means less needed run time.  Cleanup is quicker.  Anything to do away with that Turbo Button!   People can always dial it back.

It's a hand and sanity saver.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

To each their own. :-)

The cherry on the sundae would be the cruise control AND a turbo button, but I feel kinda greedy saying it!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Check out their latest attempt to demonstrate the power differences between the blowers they have on hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwteSNhi84

So much for the power tool brands! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Honestly, DeWalt and that brand nobody buys?  Come on big boy, we can do better than that.  And the DeWalt was 2 years old.

There's some new competition out there, but it still won't be able to keep up with the latest from EGO.  When I walk through HD or Lowes, then look at the specs on the competition, it's really not very compelling.