User Community Update

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
All of us here at EGO sincerely want you to have the best experience possible, which is why we’re putting the user community in your hands. Starting tomorrow, October 30th, the community will be strictly peer-to-peer. EGO will no longer be available for comment here, but our Champions will remain active and accessible. The Community will continue be an open forum for users to share tips and feedback, as well as troubleshoot. Your input is valuable to all of us!

Should anyone need service or direct attention from EGO, please contact us by calling 1-855-346-5656. We’re available every day of the week and happy to assist! Please note that any Customer Service-based grievances posted here will be automatically removed moving forward. We ask you to note that this is not a message board for criticisms, but rather, a positive space for users to share their experiences and swap stories. Above all, the EGO Community is here to help. 

Thank you for your participation and please, keep up the great conversation!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Happy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,946 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yay. Now we can all build awesome ego stuff together
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Looking forward to seeing how this new format works!
Photo of Rick Fortson

Rick Fortson

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good. I believe an awful amount of texting was done by trolls or just plain idiots that could not follow directions on how to treat a high end rechargeable battery.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 8,468 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kind of strange a community board created for EGO by EGO will no longer have anyone from EGO interacting/responding.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 66,434 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Now for Ego customers/users by Ego customers/users.   Whether that is new and improved is yet to be determined.  It will be interesting to see how it evolves. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 36,042 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Interesting. It appears EGO has removed any clickable links in the header and footer area of this forum linking back to the EGO site. Makes it more difficult to get back to the EGO site. Only reference now is just the customer service number and hours. 
I did notice, however, that from the EGO site there are links to this forum so that's still good.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 4,048 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Please note that any Customer Service-based grievances posted here will be automatically removed moving forward. We ask you to note that this is not a message board for criticisms, but rather, a positive space for users to share their experiences and swap stories. 
I've always found this to be a very strange policy on this forum. I definitely understand the need to delete unfounded criticism. However, it's the silencing of valid grievances that concern me. I submit that a positive customer experience can't be created if you ignore valid well-founded criticism toward your products and services. What's going to happen is eventually those that actually care about your products and services but want to see improvements are going to go elsewhere to express those criticisms. Here you have the opportunity to address the criticisms. Elsewhere on somebody elses' forum, not so much... 
Photo of incognito

incognito

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Seems like censorship.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 51,524 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This is a privately owned forum. They can set whatever ground rules they want. 
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,098 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Might want to look into this. From my experience on other forums don't think unlimited censorship is legal.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,166 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You got to fight for your rights !
Freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution
And your right to party guaranteed by the Beastie Boys

Maybe we can get Al Gore to turn off this section of the internets.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,712 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Is this policy that important?  Maybe we can take it to the Supreme Court.  How many other companies have forums that you can criticize their products?  How we know that some of these complaints aren't coming from rival companies.  Life is too short!!!!
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

Ken is right, EGO and their designees have a right to remove content. When you open an account, you agree to the terms of service: https://getsatisfaction.com/corp/terms-of-service/?_ga=2.223842779.1354270533.1541617812-730945286.1...
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

My point was never to argue that EGO didn't have a right to censor user generated content, only though in the long wrong they're shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring valid criticism of their products and services. Seems like perhaps too much marketing influence on this forum and not enough customer experience and social media experts running the show. IMHO...as I know the difficulty of running and managing a forum.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

But they are not ignoring - they are addressing the problems directly with the customers.  And I would assume they are tracking all of the problems to pinpoint any recurring issues just like any company would do.
Then in some cases they are removing trolls - which I appreciate because then I don't waste my time trying to help a poster who really isn't interested in it or in need of it.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

That's not how I read the announcement.  It reads as: 

1) "EGO will no longer be available for comment here,"
2) "Please note that any Customer Service-based grievances posted here will be automatically removed moving forward."
3) "This is not a message board for criticisms."

This is a change in the policy and I see nothing in the new policy that assures "they are not ignoring - they are addressing the problems directly with the customers". What am I missing? Are you saying there has been no change in policy and that EGO is available to comment and remedy solutions via this forum as they have in the past? I don't mind complaints going private and being addressed appropriately, but the announcement says the messages will instead be removed and that EGO will not be responding to customer service issues via this forum. #Confused
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Asked and answered.  Argue if you want I am done.

If you need customer service - give them a call as stated in the original post.

Now can we move on with this peer to peer forum provided by a company that cares about its customers and is interested in them being satisfied with their products.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,946 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agreed swooop
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,098 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
PM's?.......please