Upgrade offer for 12" trimmer to 15" trimmer

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Battery Trade-In / Refurbished Sales

Has any consideration been given to offering and upgrade/trade-in offer to those of us that bought the 12" string trimmer? Given all of the line feed problems with the bump head, I think it would be a very customer-centric thing to do. We took a chance in investing in your new technology. All of your products are a giant leap forward in the industry, but the number of customer complaints about the string trimmer indicate that maybe your first attempt was not your best.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Stan

Stan

• 1,674 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

I would also like to see EGO provide a trade-in program for those of us who invested in your technology and have had problems with the line feed issue on the 12" string trimmer.  I've tried all the "fixes" that have been posted on this website and still can't get the line to feed out automatically.  Having to remove the head to manually advance the line is getting real tiresome and time consuming.  Please offer us a real solution to this problem!

Stan Fayfar

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Hi Stan,

I don't expect any lawn tool to have a trade in.  I don't know of anything sold at Home Depot that has a trade in for the next model.

What would be nice is if they offered an upgraded bump for sale, many of us would pay for it.  All string trimmers that feed with a bump have issues at one time or another.  This one is a bit fussy, but I can live with it.  My expensive Ryobi never fed right.  I used to turn it off, force feed line, then restart it.  What a pain with Gas engines. 

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi everyone, we love this idea!  It's not something we've implemented yet but we'll certainly keep you posted if this is something we can make happen.  There is no trade-in program at this time unfortunately.
Photo of Wayne Beck

Wayne Beck

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My string trimmer,stopped working this morning...less than a year old. Worked great last season. It would not work when I tried it today.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Wayne, give Ego a shout.  Your trimmer is covered under a 5 year warranty, they'll look after you:

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/contact-us
Photo of Wayne Beck

Wayne Beck

Thanks. I checked at Home Depot today...they said to. All EGO . There is a local repair centre.

Wayne, we didn't see that you called us.  Were you able to get the help you need? We're happy to help you.  Give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 so we can advise on some warranty direction for you.  
Photo of Wayne Beck

Wayne Beck

Thank you I called in. Excellent customer support!
Photo of N

N

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Would be cool to have a trade-in for all us 12" trimmer owners. I had constant problems with my line feed last season. Nice to see that it is a problem and not just user error.
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
 I requested and received the 12" trimmer as a Christmas gift this Winter, now that Spring has rolled around I had my first chance to really try it out and I too suffer from the dreaded line feed issue, had I known a redesigned 15" version was on the way I would never have kept the 12" model, I had read the negative reviews and took a chance that the product was indeed a good product. I cannot contain my disappointment at how truly bad the line feed is on the original version of this trimmer. A trade in or upgrade offer would be greatly appreciated and certainly very popular with those of us who were eager to support your company and embrace the wonderful new uses of Lithium batteries and brushless motors. I also purchased the leaf blower and it is fantastic! I am also looking very much forward to adding the lawnmower to my collection. The original string trimmer is not a good product and is a terrible representative for the products your company is capable of producing. Unfortunately the time for me to return my trimmer to HD has passed otherwise I would be there instead of writing this. For now I am stuck with the 12" trimmer.  Even an upgraded bump feed for the 12" model would be greatly appreciated, I cannot get mine to feed without using 2 hands and a foot to depress the Button while I pull with both hands on the line, I have restrung the head several times with the exact same results. I truly like the concept and as I stated the leaf blower is a wonderful product, please help us 12" trimmer owners!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Jonathan,

1st, give support a call. 

There is a smooth, thicker line that feeds much better.  Also a bump technique of a forceful slow push instead of a bounce bump seems to work best with most people.

I also would like to see an upgraded head available to 12" owners, but as with all technology, there is always something better the next day.  It's still a great trimmer, just try a few different things with the string and bump technique.  Good luck and don't get down about it.  I'm sure support will help you with your problem.

Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

Support is closed for the Holiday weekend. I assume Rhino-Tuff is the recommended line? Does anyone know which one to try? Still .080? I will certainly try the modified Bump technique as soon as I get some new line on it! Thanks for the help!

Hi Jonathan, we hope you were able to give us a call.  If you haven't had a chance yet, yes, Rino-Tuff is our recommended line if you'd like to use non-EGO branded line.  Here's a link to help:  http://thd.co/1qxkHO7
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

I didn't need support. I changed out the line and changed my bump technique to a slow forceful push as recommended and the trimmer performed wonderfully! Thanks for all the help!!!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Excellent!  I'm really glad that worked for you.  Please feel free to ask any questions here.  So many helpful people.
Photo of Roger Wollborg

Roger Wollborg

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you have any reconditioned self-propelled models for sale?.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.