Under side of mower got wet and self propel stopped working. Underside dried off and self propel works again. Why is this happening?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
Under side of mower got wet and self propel stopped working. Underside dried off and self propel works again. Why is this happening?
Photo of lennyg47

lennyg47

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 8,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Electronics just don't like to be wet When they dry out they can go back to work, as long as the water doesn't conduct high voltage and fry them. Same reason if you drop your phone in water and get it out quickly you can save it by putting in something absorbent like rice to draw the water out, and it will power on again.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you are talking about wet grass then it should not have any effect. I have mowed rather wet grass on occasion with no effect on the sp or any other function.

If you are talking about standing water that is a completely different situation
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 8,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, I assumed op was talking about going through standing water. We mow dewy grass with no issues.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have the 21 inch push mower from EGO, I have washed under the deck with my hose (avoiding the motor area where the blade attaches) and have not had a problem.