Trimmer works once every 10 tries

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

For the past month my trimmer has been taking fits. When I go to start it won't do anything. When it does this I fiddle with the kill switch and trigger until it finally fires over. Does anyone else have this problem? Honestly it is starting to get annoying. Trimmer has been kept in basement when not in use. Never used in wet weather. Both controls seem to move smoothly. Definitely not the battery. Works flawlessly in my blower. Is there any reported flaws like this? All help appreciated.
Photo of N

N

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 66,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
EGO's tools have a five-year warranty. I think you need to contact customer service for a warranty claim.
Photo of G-Man

G-Man

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a similar issue with the blower. It just refuses to fire up 1 in 5 times. The problem is that I then go inside to grab a phone, the serial numbers (blower, batteries and charger), and the extra battery so I can call customer service. By the time I get back to the blower, I try it again and it works! It's like the intermittent car issue that works most of the time, and always works at the mechanics shop. I feel your pain. Ken is right though, you can call customer service for help. Just have all the info available.
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi N! We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your string trimmer. I see that you have created an account with us, but you did not provide a phone number. If you could either send an email to support@egopowerplus.com with your contact number so that I can call you back; -or- give us a call at 855-346-5656 at your convenience so we can assist you further. We are available Monday through Friday 8:30AM-8PM EST and Saturdays and Sundays 10AM-6PM EST. Please have the serial numbers of your string trimmer, battery and charger ready when calling. We look forward to hearing from you.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,622 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I personally hate the safety switch.  I get hand cramps holding it all.  Safety switch, turbo and power.  That's nuts.  Either do away with the turbo button and make it a speed level by the switch, or maybe look at a more equitable design that doesn't stress the hand, and I have very large hands.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.